Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting a different sim card to fit my phone.

I currently have and am using a nexus 4, but I want to use a blackberry instead. I already have the blackberry, but my sim card from the nexus is too small to fit inside of it properly. Will koodo give me a bigger sim card if i trade in my smaller one so that I can use my blackberry? Will this be free? Thanks in advance for any help!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
You'll need to buy a new sim 10$ for postpaid 20$ for prepaid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to buy the appropriate sim card. It costs $10. You will then go into your self serve and do a SIM swap to get your new sim to work with your current line
Userlevel 4
Depending on your BlackBerry, you could strategically place it

Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

Depending on your BlackBerry, you could strategically place it [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudf...

I know this worked for you but I really don't recommend it. Those pins are super easy to snap.
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

Depending on your BlackBerry, you could strategically place it [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudf...

I find the BlackBerry pins well built. But I don't disagree. I easily damaged a pre 3 with its tiny pins. There is a risk as you pointed out and I should have noted it.
Userlevel 7
starting mental wrote:

I agree with Chad Burr post. Before getting your sim card,Make sure your Blackberry phone is unl...

And you would need an unlock code to unlock a koodo bb on Koodo network why?
starting mental wrote:

I agree with Chad Burr post. Before getting your sim card,Make sure your Blackberry phone is unl...

Troll?
You can use a SIM card adapter available online for a couple of bucks
Userlevel 4
tshooz wrote:

I personally haven't had much luck with those. They are generally too thick, and can get jammed. On one of my phones, the adapter bend a pin, as it got caught in the tiny edge between the sim and the adapter.
tshooz wrote:

Never had any problems with mine but it's nice to know they can cause potential problems
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
tshooz wrote:

I've had an adapter snap a pin, but that was on a slot-loading Huawei Ascend P1. I still feel comfortable enough using the adapter in regular SIM slots such as those in the above photo. But, patience and caution are key.
why would you switch to a blackberry

Badge +4
Joshua Espinosa wrote:

why would you switch to a blackberry

Three years ago, Blackberry was still kinda popular. Check the dates of the posts.