Koodo Community

Community

Fundamental Flaw?

Userlevel 5
Stop playing, both ends from the middle. I have a Koodo Plan and my wife is on my plan as a seperate secondary cell number. Under Koodo rules my wife is not the account holder and is not entitled to discuss my account, with Koodo. Today Koodo sent my wife a text to up grade 50minutes, for five dollars more, per month. So my wife can't discuss my account with Koodo Customer Service nor can account she make changes to my account at a Kiosk, but Koodo sends her the ability to change my account. I have no concerns with my wife changing my account for more minutes, but rather with Koodos Self Serving Policy. Spefically, Koodo back doored me to make changes to my account, via my wife, for whom Koodo Policy dictates that she cannot make changes to my account.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wow, that's a clever one! You deserve the Internet for finding that one, it sure looks like a fundamental flaw to me! 🙂
Userlevel 5
why do i deserve the internet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

why do i deserve the internet?

I meant to say you win the Internet (meant positively) lol. Sorry 'bout the confusion!
Userlevel 1
This just seems sevearly rude. Everything you said here. It makes it seem like you treat your wife like a dog
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
B2theden wrote:

This just seems sevearly rude. Everything you said here. It makes it seem like you treat your wif...

Aww I actually read it a bit differently 🙂 I think Stephen just tried to point out that if the second account holder [b]according to Koodo rules cannot make plan changes, than Koodo should not make offers to that person which they then can accept. I don't think he actually meant to belittle his own wife 🙂
Userlevel 6
B2theden wrote:

This just seems sevearly rude. Everything you said here. It makes it seem like you treat your wif...

Same here.
B2theden wrote:

No not at all its the same as another company .they won't talk to about about my husbands plan as I am not named on the account hut hey will let me make changes that cost more
Userlevel 6
Hmmmm......that's an interesting one. It's quite common to have policies that allow only the "main" account holder to make certain changes. Insurance companies work the same way....until you authorize your wife to have the same access as you she will have limited ability to do anything herself. Now, you are right, it is odd indeed that if koodo knows this one would think marketing to them may not be the best idea. Or it is. Say, you have a child on your account under the age of 18 and he/she regularly exceeds their data allotment. Koodo sends them a text and suggest a package with a larger bucket to meet their needs. They are the users of the phone so it would make sense they get the text. They do have to ask the main account holder to make the changes. I guess depending on the circumstances both approaches have their pros and cons. I'd suggest simply letting koodo know that you authorize her to make changes. Problem solved. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Oh really? Koodo refuses to put my wife and I on a joint account. Koodo refuses to discuss my account, with my wife. Koodo tells my wife that all she's good for, is to type "yes" - to throw another $5.00 onto my bill. How many other wives are treated like dogs and cash cows?
Userlevel 4
5s wrote:

Oh really? Koodo refuses to put my wife and I on a joint account. Koodo refuses to discuss ...

I see what you're saying. Definately a flaw. It's the automatic system that does this most of the time. As long as she has the login information for Self Serve and knows the PIN number of the account when she calls in, she can make changes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

Oh really? Koodo refuses to put my wife and I on a joint account. Koodo refuses to discuss ...

Indeed, the only changes which can only be made by the account holder are those which involve initiating or ending contracts, i.e. signing up for or cancelling lines, purhasing a new phone on the tab, etc. All other changes can be made as long as the caller knows the pin number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

So what if the second account user replies "yes" to the text message, as Steve posted, do they still need a pin number in that case? I can imagine that parents would not want their children to be able to make changes that easily...
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

No Sophia. This is Koodos' Policy. One account holder, may have up to 5 phones on one account. The said account holder, is liable for each phone attached to his/her account, including any and all debts incurred, by each and every phone. Koodo Policy is to, at their discretion, send a text to any one of the account holders phones, and offer "an upgrade" to any phone(s) belonging to the account holder and by any user of any of the account holders phones, texting the word "yes" back to Koodo, Koodo then changes the account holders Plan, and applies the debt(s) to the account holders account. Conversely, when my wife contacted Koodo with my pin number, Koodo refused to speak to her, because she was not Stephen Remington, so what we all know now, is that Koodo has trained staff to distinguish between male and female voices. As well, Koodo Kiosks require drivers license proof to conduct account holder change(s). So as I've stated before, Koodo is in violation of its own Stated Policies, to back door me and allow second, third, fourth and fifth parties to alter account holders account, without account holders permission.
Userlevel 6
5s wrote:

Steve, have you asked koodo to add your wife as "authorized user"? They can do that. We have it set up as such. Once you do your wife can do everything on the account as you.
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

Yes Chris, I did ask. I have asked at least once a year for the last 3 years and the answer has been no. So how long ago was your wife, added to your account? And was adding your wife "a perk" to being a Koodo mobile master, as apposed to availability to all Koodo customers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

Before Chris answers for himself, let me clarify two things, Steve... First, Chris is not a Mobile Master (though imho, he very well qualifies). And second, Mobile Masters get NO perks or special privileges except the ones mentioned here: http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/faq/ Just wanted to avoid any misunderstanding 🙂
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

By the quality of his responses, I had asumed that Chris was a Mobile Master. My apologies. I made note of his answer and will use it as a starting point, should I run into the stone wall again, in trying to add my wife to my account.
Userlevel 6
5s wrote:

It was over a year ago that we added her to the account. No problem whatsoever. This is available to anyone and it isn't a special perk. It comes handy when she wants a new phone and I don't have to along for the "ride". She can upgrade to any phone and do anything without me having to be there. Full independence. 🙂
Userlevel 7
5s wrote:

Call Koodo and say "I'd like to add an authorized user" not "i want to add my wife to my account" or any variation of that that you probably said instead of "I'd like to add an authorized user"
Userlevel 5
I did confirm that Chris. And it was my wife that pointed out that, she was not good enough to be an equal on my account and was not good enough to be able to discuss our accounts or make changes, but is only good enough to type "yes".
Userlevel 5
From what you have said Steve - Koodo refuses to put your wife and you on the same account So I would take it that she has her own account, but that you pay the bill, and this is why you keep saying that it is on your bill
Userlevel 6
Dave wrote:

From what you have said Steve - Koodo refuses to put your wife and you on the same account So ...

She doesn't have her own account. Both Steve and his wife are on one account. Steve is the one, based on the all of the above, that opened the original account, hence it is in his name. He simply wants his wife to have the same access level as he has. Koodo should really just jump in here and simply make it happen. 🙂
I know this is an old thread, but from what I gather, Steve doesn't necessarily want his wife added to the account, he wants to know WHY someone on the account, who has no permissions to do ANYTHING, is receiving messages to upgrade her plan when it should be up to Steve, the account holder, if he wants an extra $5 added onto his bill every month. He's posing the 'fundamental question' to Koodo that if someone does not have access to do anything, then in turn, they should not be receiving any form of communication regarding the account, unless for a technical issue which everyone on an account has access to.
Koodo has my wifes cell number as mine and mine as her number after repeatedly telling koodo who belongs to what? Why can't they fix This?
Userlevel 6
Steve Sharp wrote:

Koodo has my wifes cell number as mine and mine as her number after repeatedly telling koodo who ...

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. As per forum rules, please do not revive an old thread, instead better to create a new one.
For your dilemma, are you referring to the name associated with the line in self-serve? If so, customer service can fix this. Also, if you have the same issue as OP, you could also arrange with customer service to have your wife added as an authorized contact.