Koodo Community
Question

French! Really?

I just texted 4545 to add a US 30 day Combo package and got a confirmation reply in FRENCH!! I didn't know I had to know french to be a KOODO customer! This isn't the first time this has happened. What the hell has happened to this country?

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Pablo why whine about it. Call koodo and talk to them. If you don't like the service, go to a different provider. Simple? And nothing happened to this country, if you don't like it, there's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out !!
lol maybe 'cause french is the second official language at Canada?
Userlevel 1
"Orale Pablo, calmate hermano !" I think this is what el tabador would say xD
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody here called you names Pablo, please be assured of this. However, in your first post, you ...I realized that you were being diplomatic after I replied. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Nobody here called you names Pablo, please be assured of this. However, in your first post, you ...@ile2010: I know, and I agree... I was simply trying to act nicer than OP considering the context.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody here called you names Pablo, please be assured of this. However, in your first post, you ..."What the hell happened to this country?" in that context is not just a "bit rude".
Userlevel 6
Nobody here called you names Pablo, please be assured of this. However, in your first post, you came out as a bit rude, so people have been a little put off by it. Now, there is no need to get emotional or anything. Nothing so bad happened that it warranted such language. Simply call Koodo and mention to them that you would prefer to receive communication from them in English. Errors happen sometimes, you know... Have a nice day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wow. Just, wow...
Userlevel 2
Let's keep our cool everyone 🙂.
Userlevel 4
I'm very happy for you David, but I hope you are not referring to me as a Dumb f***!After re-reading his post, I can assure you it was a general statement, not a direct name call towards you 🙂
I'm very happy for you David, but I hope you are not referring to me as a Dumb f***!
I'm from Quebec and my native language is French and sometime when I call the Koodo service, even if I ask for French assistance, they answer me in English and I don't act like a complete dumb f****, I just ask them if it's possible to speak in French with me or I just answer to them in English too. That's not much of a deal, calm down now.
This post raises a very important point: What the hell has happened to this country? What the ...The Z generation....
Userlevel 4
This post raises a very important point: What the hell has happened to this country? What the hell has happened to this county that someone gets so upset about receiving a text in French?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...Also, can you please point out the part of your initial question that gives ANY indication WHAT PROVINCE YOU ARE IN????
Userlevel 6
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...Wow... what a nice way to react Pablo. Really? I hope it goes a bit better than that when you call Koodo.
Userlevel 5
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...Well maybe your personal/account information was done incorrectly. Try emailing or calling Koodo's Customer Service and test to see that all incoming messages from Koodo and important notices will be delivered to you in English and not French. More importantly, make sure you are polite and remain calm as they are assisting you the best way they can. Patience is key.
Userlevel 1
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...That is a good point, errare humanum est (to be human is to err). Just email Koodo and they will fix the future communications with you without a problem. (I am french, but I live in Ontario. At first, I got their texts in english, I emailed them and it was resolved almost immediately.)
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...Bro, calm down. There's no need to get all excited just because you received a text in french. Give Koodo a call and explain the situation to them. There's definitely no need to get this excited over a language though.
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native languag...Marcus, Here's a news flash for you. I DON"T LIVE IN QUEBEC!!! I LIVE IN ENGLISH SPEAKING ONTARIPO!!!!!!!!!!!
You live in a country that's bilingual. Generally if you have a Quebec number, the native language is going to be french.