Koodo Community

Community

Free phone protector rubbers should be given at every phone purchace. - Help make our phones last longer!

Userlevel 1
I am one of many clients who bought a phone and could not afford a rubber for my Samsung and the koodo agent told me I should buy one, but I was broke because I spent my hard earned money on my Cell and sim. I am very jealous of my friends who have them. It makes there phone physically last longer. It should be like a "thank you.gift" for buying \ staying with koodo. I have learned the rubbers are super cheap on ebay, Soooooo....Why not? . Help make our phones last longer!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Well the issue is Koodo is a cellular service provider, not a phone protection agency. All accessories are sold separately because the carrier doesn't make them. They have to buy them from a vendor in bulk complete with shipping and then resell them marked up a bit to make money back. They can't just hand them out for free. Nobody's stopping you from getting cheap ones off eBay or Amazon or wherever. I usually get mine there.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Well the issue is Koodo is a cellular service provider, not a phone protection agency. All access...

Exactly. They're only $1-2 on eBay and Amazon so there are tons of options for you. And many many more places online.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Well the issue is Koodo is a cellular service provider, not a phone protection agency. All access...

So why can't koodo carry a cheper ones? look at it this way Sweet marry jane is a 18 year old girl going to collage and has a job, She works very hard and only ends up with about 200bucks left over after paying her hydro food rent and school fees. She know she wants a prepayed phone and plans to buy a 200$ phone, She has just enough money to buy the phone with taxes and pay for a sim. Then the nice koodo agent says well you should also get this rubber. so she looks to see if she has enough money but she dosent and now all of her collage frends make fun of her because she dosent have a cheap rubber on her tool.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Well that's great and all, but again, Koodo isn't a charity. They're a business. They buy from X vendor, who charges Y money for a batch of screen protectors. Koodo resells it to consumers for a marked up price to help pay for the protectors and shipping. There's nothing stopping Mary Jane from getting the cheap ones off Amazon or eBay.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

I paid a total of $6.40 for my Nexus 4 case off Amazon. I have a tight budget as it is. It took about a week to get to me. I have no idea how many times I've dropped my phone since. No matter. My phone is pretty much in the same condition it was when I got it last November. The case has a stand on the back that comes out. I love it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did the title of this thread make anyone else think of a cellphone shoved into a condom?
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Did the title of this thread make anyone else think of a cellphone shoved into a condom?

Actually, yes. lol
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

That is why I made it so. and I have no clue of the proper name for the cases, to me its just a thing of rubber. and plus in the uk they call erasers rubbers. so I though I was being funny some how.
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You were successful 🙂