Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Fix for Z10 battery door?

I recently got a CPO z10 from the koodo website and it seems that the battery door cover does not clip entirely into the bottom of the phone and is somewhat loose. Is it possible to bring the phone in to a koodo store to get it exchanged or fixed under warranty? I'd rather not have to wait and mail it. The phone is also within 14 days of purchase.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
If it's within the 14day period it should be fine, I would think.
Userlevel 7
If you got it from the webstore I do belive you need to deal with the webstore to get a replacement Or.. I highly recommend getting a case for your device anyway (i also have the Z10) . Getting a wrapping case like the Trident Aegis, will cover the back of the device securely anyway so you won't need to worry about it being secure. The choice is yours really but it's less of a hassle to just get a high quality case for it. My 2¢
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

If you got it from the webstore I do belive you need to deal with the webstore to get a replaceme...

Definitely put a case on it my friend just dropped hers once without a case & the front glass smashed instantly. Hey Chad, Is there a certain way your suppose to put on the battery door perhaps, I don't remember? Bottom first perhaps or something?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

If you got it from the webstore I do belive you need to deal with the webstore to get a replaceme...

No particular way. Always seat it on top and press down till in hear all the clicks. I also dropped my replacement before I got a chance to get a case and have a small chip in the glass. It's not noticeable and the aegis case covers that area and provides a bit of depth between the glass and the lip of the case. You need a case anyway.
Userlevel 2
If it's a certified pre-owned device, it should still come with a manufacturers warranty, no?
Userlevel 7
mattjs wrote:

If it's a certified pre-owned device, it should still come with a manufacturers warranty, no?

Yes it does, but for a broken back door it would be physical damage. She's still within the 14 days so the route would be to send it back to Koodo however it's such a small problem I think I wouldn't want the hassle of sending it back and waiting for the replacement. That's why I suggested a case.