Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Fido offering Unil. Can Wide + 3GB for $50/month

Just looking around for plans and I had found Fido providing the following deals to their customers 

"The $45 BYOP Pulse plan includes:
+$5 for premium pack

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 2 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only) 
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs)
- Circle Calling™️
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years

Your plan can also include these features:

- iPhone visual voicemail
- U.S. / international premium calling rate
- Name display
- WhoCalled
- 2500 call forwarding minutes

The $50 BYOP Pulse plan includes:
+$5 for premium pack

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 3 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only) 
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs)
- Circle Calling™️
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years

Your plan can also include these features:

- iPhone visual voicemail
- U.S. / international premium calling rate
- Name display
- WhoCalled
- 2500 call forwarding minutes"

I'm wondering if Koodo would be able to match their promotion. Currently on the $65/2gb plan

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Which Province are you looking at?
Ontario, the post is all over RFD. 

People aren't even calling this in, they're just going into the website's chat and getting approved over their chat system. Holy jezuz
I am interested in this, live in BC and on the $65 plan as well
Interesting advertising on Kijji in Toronto Would somebody from Koodo please explain how this is being offered. " My name is Tony. You may have heard of me since my services got featured on Reddit, iPhoneinCanada, MobileSyrup and my national news coverage on Huffington Post and my phone interview with CBC. **Please read this ad carefully - if you have any questions that are not answered on here, feel free to contact me. I do not bite like most people on here** I have a great promotional plan available for the Christmas season ONLY. These are some of some of the hottest plans of the decade. ****If somebody is offering you cheaper rates than these - do not be fooled! You will pay a MUCH higher upfront fee for the plan - they will take some of those funds and apply it to the bill giving you the illusion that you are paying a cheaper monthly rate. Do the math and do NOT be a FOOL! These are THE cheapest rates around**** <--- Take a look at some of my reviews. If you need to see more – just ask 🙂 Contact: 647-631-0078 **TEXT to get the quickest reply** All plans include: - Canada Fastest 4G LTE Data - Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling - Unlimited Texting - 3-Way Calling & Call Waiting - Voicemail - Caller ID Please choose an option below and TEXT me for quickest reply! **These plans are for NEW customers ONLY. If you are an existing customer on one of these carriers, you must be willing to switch to another mentioned in the list below** ▶️▶️▶️ OPTION 1 :BRING YOUR OWN PHONE - NO CONTRACT (choose this option if you have your own phone - you CANNOT get a phone with these plans - if you need a phone check option 2) - Koodo $48/month - 5gb - Fido $48/month - 5gb - Rogers $55/month - 5gb - Rogers $65/month - 10gb - Rogers $75/month - 15gb ▶️▶️▶️ OPTION 2: 2 YEARS CONTRACT. GET ANY PHONE iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, Note 5, s6 edge plus, etc... - Rogers $65/month - 5gb - Rogers $75/month - 10gb - Rogers $85/month - 15gb ***Contact: 647-631-0078*** ~ My fee is $100 for all plans ~ ***Text ONLY - I receive hundreds of phone calls per day**** Why you should choose Tony over the copycats – plus some notes: 1.) I do not ever commit fraud to get you these plans. Everything is done at an OFFICIAL store! 2.) These plans are for NEW customers only 3.) You can KEEP your existing number with any carrier – we help you transfer the number over! 4.) I have thousands of satisfied customers, reviews, and current subscribers. 5.) My fee is paid AFTER you are satisfied 6.) I am well known in the mobile industry for over 7 years - my focus is on customer satisfaction and saving you money! 7.) I have the QUICKEST turn around time - no need to wait - usually same day service! Thank you for your time " I know of 3 people who have used this guy so far. WHY are these plans being offered over Kijji and not in store.
Userlevel 4
You can get the plan in store that Tony on kijiji, you just have to live in MB or SK
Ry wrote:

You can get the plan in store that Tony on kijiji, you just have to live in MB or SK

No you can get them in Toronto Ontario. People I know are in Toronto and have got them.
Userlevel 5
Ry wrote:

Well,  It is an Add on Kijiji.  Buyer beware
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

On black Friday you could have got 2gb plus 1 gb extra =3 gb for $44 on the Quebec plan
Userlevel 7
I can't find anything about this on Fido's website. o_O
Mathieu wrote:

It's not on their website, "ymmv - retentions plan" is what is quoted on the forums.

I dont know if i could post a hyperlink here but its on Redflagdeals in the forums under Hot Deals
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

LOL!
No, Koodo isn't going to match or offer plans that Fido doesn't even offer to its general customers. Retention plans are special plans for 'special' customers. This post is done
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Here is your problem koodo shoud. Match offers See wen you match offering means you care for Comster not takeing there
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

I had actually thought the CRTC was trying to stop retention plans. Because they aren't offered to everyone so it makes it unfair, so some customers get offered them, some don't.
Userlevel 4
Mathieu wrote:

Just wanted to know do you get a stronger single on the hspa network if you live father from the cellphone towers or is it the same as the cdma network