Koodo Community

Community

Solved

extra text added to SMS messages - Curve 8530

When my wife's Curve 8530 receives SMS messages from my new Z10, each message is prefaced by "SubjectA Picture/Video Message!" . This happens with one other contact of hers as well, but we don't know what kind of device they are using. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix this?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Scott, is your wife able to read the content of the message? ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hi Yannick Thanks for responding. Yes she can read the contents. I think I figured it out. Somehow our conversation was MMS instead of SMS. I just started a new conversation and all was well.
Scott Kirton wrote:

Hi Yannick Thanks for responding. Yes she can read the contents. I think I figured it out....

Koodo's BB8530 is unable to receive MMS. An sms turns into an mms when you go over 140 characters.
Scott Kirton wrote:

Hi Yannick Thanks for responding. Yes she can read the contents. I think I figured it out....

Ahh. That must be it. Thx Dr!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott Kirton wrote:

@The Doctor: It does depend somewhat on the phone. Some will convert it to MMS, others will simply split the message.
Userlevel 2
Scott Kirton wrote:

Hey Timo, I think the Doctor was referring to the BB8530 specifically 🙂. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott Kirton wrote:

I'm sure he was. Since the forum is searchable, though, and it could be interpreted as a blanket statement, I just wanted to clarify.