Koodo Community

Community

Solved

EvDO shut down the end of my service?

"On March 31 EvDO network will be shut down. As a result you'll experience slower network speeds until you upgrade to a new 4G phone" this was a letter i received today, My question is will my phone still work? called and customer service couldn't tell me, lol Told me to upgrade to a new phone...I told him my old phone works just fine, No thanks!!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
CDMA service will be done at the end of march. Meaning any cell phone that doesn't use a sim card will be done and won't work at the end of March. So I recommend you upgrade your phone to a phone that uses a sim card. Otherwise, your phone will be out of service effective April 1st.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

CDMA service will be done at the end of march. Meaning any cell phone that doesn't use a sim card...

Evdo will be shut down meaning your DATA may not work but your phone will continue to function as a phone.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

CDMA service will be done at the end of march. Meaning any cell phone that doesn't use a sim card...

CDMA shutdown isn't expected in full until 2015
Userlevel 4
1x will still be available after March. With evdo gone, just means your data will be slower after March 31st