Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Email Settings

I can't get my email set up on the Q10, it keeps telling me smtp is wrong or server is offline? Please help

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your data / wifi connected? If your using Gmail or one of the more popular emails, the BlackBerry should be able to pull those settings on it's own. What email are you Trying to set up? Suggest you delete any account you've unsuccessfully added and try again.
Userlevel 4
Koodo's server settings is only for outgoing which is smtp.telus.net, and the port is 25. anything else would need to be given by the email provider What kind of email are you trying to set up?
cogeco and yes wifi is on
cogeco is a pop account
Userlevel 4
Deb wrote:

cogeco is a pop account

Make sure you have Cogeco's incoming server settings. the the outgoing settings are what I posted above.
Userlevel 7
What settings are you using?
Thanks, I didnt have the correct outgoing server. Everything all set up now. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Deb wrote:

Thanks, I didnt have the correct outgoing server. Everything all set up now. :)

Excellent. Thanks for the update 🙂
Ok so the settings took without error however I still cant send emails???
Deb wrote:

Ok so the settings took without error however I still cant send emails???

Call Koodo Tech and have them look into it. If they can't resolve it they can log a network ticket to have it looked into further.
Userlevel 7
Make sure they reflect cogeco's smtp server. Smtp.cogeco.ca Port: 25 Incoming is: Pop.cogeco.ca Port:110
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure they reflect cogeco's smtp server. Smtp.cogeco.ca Port: 25 Incoming is: Pop...

The outgoing email server smtp.telus.net
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure they reflect cogeco's smtp server. Smtp.cogeco.ca Port: 25 Incoming is: Pop...

Sometimes putting Koodo's smtp doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The outgoing server is usually your email providers specified server.
Chad Burr wrote:

No. Any Koodo Tech will tell you the outgoing email server is Koodo's, which is the smtp.telus.net. If this doesn't work then the customer will need to contact Tech Support to have the issue investigated.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

As I said, usually.
I will try the cogeco smtp now
Chad you are a genius, after changing smtp to cogeco and removing battery I think (pray) it is all good again. I need to get your direct line. LOL. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Deb wrote:

Chad you are a genius, after changing smtp to cogeco and removing battery I think (pray) it is al...

Glad we could be of help. The community is here anytime day or night. I hope you enjoy your Q10 as much as I like my Z10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Deb wrote:

Chad you are a genius, after changing smtp to cogeco and removing battery I think (pray) it is al...

Chad saves the day again, he's a master of the mobile Masters. Great work Chad 🙂
Deb wrote:

Not working for me. Tried everything! Have a cogeco email and provider is Koodo. I tried pop.cogeco.ca with 110 and smtp.cogeco.ca with 25. Didn't work. Tried with smtp.telus.net and 25, didn't work. Called Cogeco and tried 995 for pop and 465 for smtp.cogeco.ca. Didn't work either. Tried with Wifi on and off and tried to take battery out and restart. Nothing has worked 😞 Please help
Userlevel 7
Anthony, which BB are you using? Or if not a BB, then which phone?
Jonathan I wrote:

Q10
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Does datA and phone work otherwise?
Jonathan I wrote:

everything is working fine, no issues.