Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo support BB Bold 9900 plans?

Hi there so I was thinking about switching to Koodo however I need to know if Koodo supports Blackberry devices that require specific plans. I am wanting to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 (Unlocked) online but I heard that the plan needs to be set up according to the device. Does Koodo support this phone and a plan that will allow me to use BBM, app world, etc...??? P.S. I think the plan option I am thinking of is called BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). You can also read an article regarding the issue I am inquiring about here if it helps: http://crackberry.com/dear-berry-how-can-i-use-blackberry-without-bis-bes-services

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes Koodo offers the BlackBerry Internet Service Provision BIS
Okay so if I right now decided I am going to buy a BB Bold 9900 unlocked (I am probably going to wait a bit to see if I can fix my current phone or not) and then switch over to Koodo once I got it I can get a plan that works then... Sounds good.
Userlevel 7
Brandon Horton wrote:

Okay so if I right now decided I am going to buy a BB Bold 9900 unlocked (I am probably going to ...

Yup, when you choose the plan, the system will ask you what type of phone and you would choose" BlackBerry Curve / Bold" And then the provisioning would be added to any of koodos plans
Brandon Horton wrote:

Okay so if I right now decided I am going to buy a BB Bold 9900 unlocked (I am probably going to ...

Okay cool! Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Brandon Horton wrote:

Oh just a heads up, BIS isn't available for prepaid. Also the bold you buy needs to be compatible with the frequencies koodo uses. Not every bold is the same. Koodo uses 3G/Umts/hspa 850/1900 mhz bands. They do not have a 2G GSM network.
Brandon Horton wrote:

I just purchased this one here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360944590837?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 so idk it uses 3G so maybe...
Userlevel 7
Brandon Horton wrote:

According to the specs it should
Brandon Horton wrote:

K cool