Koodo Community
Question

Does BBM use data?

• 14 December 2012
  • 7 replies

Does BBM usage count as a part of data or do I need to purchase an add-on for unlimited data? If so, how much data would I need if it's my main form of communication?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes it uses Data but if you have BBM included with your Add-on then you won't be charged for the Data it uses.
Thanks. I don't need the add-on though if data is included in my plan though right?
Userlevel 6
Thanks. I don't need the add-on though if data is included in my plan though right?Right though how much Data is included in your plan? if it's not much, I'd recommend the Add-on as it's cheaper than Data overages (depending on your usage).
200mb, but I'd only be using it for BBM and occassionally Facebook. I don't use apps or the browser.
Userlevel 6
200mb, but I'd only be using it for BBM and occassionally Facebook. I don't use apps or the browser.Ah then you should be fine. Remember to use Wi-Fi whenever you can though especially for Facebook.
200mb, but I'd only be using it for BBM and occassionally Facebook. I don't use apps or the browser.Thank you!
Userlevel 7
200 MB is plenty for a Blackberry. All BB data is compressed through RIM's backend, and because of the smaller screen, a lot of the times you'll be viewing compact/smaller versions of websites rather than some of the more "full" ones on a regular smartphone. Also, the amount of data BMM uses is very small to begin with so you won't have an issue.