Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does anyone know what happened with the BB Q10?

BB Q10 is no longer listed on their website.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
It was returned to BlackBerry due to lousy sales and is discontinued in Koodo's lineup.
Chad Burr wrote:

It was returned to BlackBerry due to lousy sales and is discontinued in Koodo's lineup.

thanks for info!
Userlevel 7
Don't let that discourage you. It is still possible to find them floating around Mobile Shop. Looks like our inventory shows 15 left in the company at various stores. They were probably ineligible to be sent back to Blackberry due to a damaged box (but not the hardware itself) or non-compliance with the RMA window. If you're interested in getting the device, please go to your nearest MS location and ask them to transfer one in for you from another store. If the other store complies, they will ship it through Purolator and as long as it's picked up that day, it will arrive the next business day.
Jonathan I wrote:

Don't let that discourage you. It is still possible to find them floating around Mobile Shop. Loo...

Alright, I will try that! Thanks!
Userlevel 4
My better half recently got a Q10 and she loves it. I tried to convince her otherwise but alas, I failed.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

My better half recently got a Q10 and she loves it. I tried to convince her otherwise but alas, I...

Why would you try to convince her otherwise? The Q10 is an excellent communication device. It doesn't have as many apps or customization as Android but the Hub is fantastic, the keyboard feels great, and the battery life is good too.
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

My better half recently got a Q10 and she loves it. I tried to convince her otherwise but alas, I...

Agreed. Everyone I know who has a Q10 is extremely satisfied with it. The problem BB has is generally marketing and public perception, not the hardware/software being sub-par. It seems a lot of people have been asking about the Q10 lately...
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I actually have a Z10 and Q10 and was happily using both for a while until an app port needed a full screen. I do miss the keyboard and I may go back to using it again. I used the Z10 in the usa and the Q10 in Canada I think a lot had to do with the price being too high. On eBay at the moment they are selling at around 350$ unlocked. That seems about where it should be. Come to think of it I could always tether the Z10 in Canada from the Q10 hot spot and.... oh happy day. I'm a two phone geek again.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Jonathan, only reason is that I am an android fan. It was biased. I did it comically. She lets me play with it when I get home. Now that I have the first hand experience NOT on a test phone, it does the trick for what she wants to do. I still won't get one. Got my Nexus 4 ordered through work. I've always had a poor opinion of Blackberry ever since they came out in the residential market opposed to just business. IDK what it is exactly as to why I don't like BB devices...She's happy, I'm safer as a result. lol