Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I need a blackberry contract?

So I'm considering transferring my current sim card from an android to an unlocked blackberry 9320. I currently have 200mb of data on my current phone. Do I need a blackberry plan for the phone or can I use my current data plan. If I need a blackberry plan, how can I get one?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need a BlackBerry specific plan. You'll have to choose one of the plans that offered right now which you can do in self serve just look for the BlackBerry version of the plan you want.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You need a BlackBerry specific plan. You'll have to choose one of the plans that offered right no...

When I go to self serve, it keeps asking me to enter a new email address after I already did. How do I get past that?
Userlevel 7
If the plan you have now is still available you can easily change to the BlackBerry version of it by clicking change plan from the plans tab and then using the drop down to indicate BlackBerry Bold or curve. This way you won't loose your plan. Btw you can keep that plan and use it with non BlackBerry devices just fine. That way if you want to switch back you don't have to do anything special. But like Paul mentions, if the plan you have now isn't available anymore, you'll have to switch to one that is and you'll loose your current plan.
So I signed up for Koodo Self Serve but it keeps asking for a new email address, after I entered a new one, it still asks for one. How do I get by this?
Userlevel 7
Matt wrote:

So I signed up for Koodo Self Serve but it keeps asking for a new email address, after I entered ...

Call Koodo as the Self Serve may be set up as an account manager instead of account owner. It's a simple fix 🙂