Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data does not work on Bold 9780

I switched from Telus to Koodo yesterday and cannot get the data to work on my BB Bold 9780. At first my Koodo plan was not set up as BB, but that has been changed. I have changed the APN to bb.koodo.com and registered it through the Host Routing Table, then rebooted, and still no data. My data service is turned on. Is there anything else I can try?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
EDIT: I see you said BB plan so you're on postpaid... And you followed all the steps. Can't see why it isn't working. Maybe try a SIM pull just to refresh it. Since Koodo didn't sell that phone they can't provide any extensive tech support for it.
Thanks Jonathan, that's what I figured. I did try a SIM pull but still no change.
Userlevel 7
Please log into self serve and confirm that your plan says BlackBerry or end in (bb)
Just to provide an update, my data is now working thanks to Koodo Tech Support. I had added the unlimited BBM add-on, before my plan was changed to a BB plan, and the BBM add-on was blocking the data plan so they removed it. They then resent my Service Books. My email accounts disappeared, but I set them up again on my phone and they are now functioning. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, and they were great to deal with and very helpful.
Userlevel 7
swormald . wrote:

Just to provide an update, my data is now working thanks to Koodo Tech Support. I had added ...

Good to hear it's all working now
Userlevel 7
Wow nice! Normally they wouldn't do that for a phone they don't have but I guess since it's so similar to other legacy BBs they were able to help you. Glad you got the issue fixed.