Koodo Community
Question

Closing a phone line

Userlevel 2
I just opened another line on my account because there was a deal going on at a local store but it was to only "new" customers, how long do I have to wait to close the extra line on my account?

I have a tab but I will be paying that off, is there any charges to get a deal and then just closing the account or can I just close it after I got my deal?

11 replies

Badge +4
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. Is that ok? Or were you hoping to use that number with the new line you just opened?
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...oh no, i just opened the line to get the mobile deal and.gift card that was offered; but they told me to keep the line open for 3 months or the deal wouldnt stick. Is this true?
Badge +4
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...Who did you go through to get this deal and was it for a phone or just a plan? If it was Best Buy or someone like that you would probably have to return the.gift card. The contract you signed should have the details of what happens when you cancel. 
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...ok thanks, and i got it for both; i wanted the phone and.giftcard but i just dont need a new line so i dont want to pay for 2
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...This is what the papers I was given says.

"Cancelation: You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your Tab, or if Koodo terminates the agreement in accordance with the Service Terms, any Ta balance becomes immediately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon the termination of this agreement"

This is all I see for cancelling the new line, nothing about needing to stay for 3 months?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...You need to wait 90days to keep the.gift cards
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...thank you, I was wondering why there was a 3 month wait!
Badge +4
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...Who sold you the phone and what is the.gift card for? 
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...phone was with walmart and it was a 375.giftcard
Badge +4
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...More than likely that has to be paid back if you cancel within 90 days. Is there not  some kind of agreement in writing with Walmart about the.gift card? It is from them not Koodo.
Userlevel 2
You can close a line on an account at any time. You will lose the number that is with that line. ...I was just given the koodo agreement