Koodo Community

Community

Solved

CDMA DATA PROBLEMS!!!

How do I switch a blackberry 8530 (cdma) from hotspot browser to the internet browser?? It only gives me the hotspot option. Need internet to work

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Really Ness, you forgot how to do this? 😛 go into your browser, press the blackberry menu button, selection options, then switch it from hotspot to internet. If the option isn't there, you may need to do a backup and restore.
Myke wrote:

Really Ness, you forgot how to do this? 😛 go into your browser, press the blackberry menu but...

lol yes I can't believe I forgot but its been a while since I had to change it, My brother keeps breaking his phones and 'm forever hoarding cdma blackberrys when I can find them because he still lives in Thompson MB! I wish he would just move lol. and I have to do it all while trying to explain it to him over the phone because I don't actually have the phone with me!! I knew how to change the browser just couldn't remember what to do when you don't have the option to change it 😛 but its a brand new (refurbished phone) that I bought from the website.
Myke wrote:

Really Ness, you forgot how to do this? 😛 go into your browser, press the blackberry menu but...

If I remember correctly though there is no option to back up and restore. Just the security wipe??
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

I just checked with the head tech department. It's either you don't have the BB data(which I assume you do) or you need to reload the software. Desktop manager should have the option.
Myke wrote:

There is no way in hell I would ever be able to explain how to get and then use desktop manger to him there is a way to fix it from the phone I just don't remember how
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

You can try the security wipe. I can't guarantee that it'll work though.
Myke wrote:

boo is Timmy working I think he knows how to fix it??
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Nope, he was off today.
Myke wrote:

K well I'm going to talk to my bro again tomorrow I'll try the security wipe if it doesn't work or I still can't get a hold of Teal or Timmy. I'll let you know thx Myke 🙂
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

You're welcome 🙂.
Who marks these as answered??? This is not answered any one else who knows is welcome to comment.