Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canadian Plans

Userlevel 2
How come in Nova Scotia Koodo has a plan for $45 and you get: Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes 1 GB of data Unlimited Evenings and Weekends Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling, Call Waiting and Conference Calling But... In Sask you get the same deal for $3 more so $48 but with 5GB of data, why cant Nova Scotia have access to this plan; is it possible to ask for this promo when not in that province and bringing in your own phone to switch providers to go with Koodo? Some information will be helpful, I am considering switching to Koodo.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Koodo as well other mobile carriers offer different plans in different parts of the country based on market conditions. Man and Sask have provincial carriers Sasktel and MTS which have a better network and prices, so Koodo offers a cheaper plan in those provinces to compete.
Userlevel 7
Hi Ashley, As Justin said, it varies on market conditions. If every other carrier is offering a plan with unlimited everything and 1gb of data for 60$, Koodo will compete with that plan and offer it for 45$. Koodo will not offer a plan that is intended to be competing against a company from Saskatchewan in Nova Scotia, they will compete with the local carriers. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 2
So there is no way to ask for that plan when not in that province? I have Bell, Telus, Rogers, Virgin Mobile, Presidents Choice, Wind, Fido and probably a bit more I cant remember to choose from; if thats not competition then what is?
Userlevel 7
neek247 wrote:

So there is no way to ask for that plan when not in that province? I have Bell, Telus, Rogers, Vi...

The amount of companies does not matter. Look at their prices. They are all the same. That's the issue. You can't get a Koodo plan from saskatchewan being in Nova Scotia, it's as simple as that.
Userlevel 2
neek247 wrote:

So there is no way to ask for that plan when not in that province? I have Bell, Telus, Rogers, Vi...

Ok thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
neek247 wrote:

Unless you have Sask or MB ID