Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't receive calls on Blackberry

I recently activated a Blackberry Curve 3G. I can make outgoing calls, but I can't receive any. When someone tries to call me - it says I'm not available and goes to vmail. I checked all my settings and I can't figure out why I'm not able to receive. Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Uplug the battery and sim card while the phone is turned on. Plug back in after 15 seconds power back up and try again. Also, try dialing your # from an alternative line other then the 1 person who's dialing you. This would verify the other end is having network problems or if it's our end.
Userlevel 7
Did you port your # from another provider? There could be an error in the port.
That would be a Port in Issue. If you can make calls then you're connected to the network. An inability to recieve would suggest a Port in issue as Jonathan indicated.
I removed & reinstalled the battery & Sim. But no luck. Also tried calling from different lines - everything is going directly to voice mail. I'm using the same provider. If it's a port issue - how do I fix that? Thanks very much. steve
Userlevel 7
Steve wrote:

I removed & reinstalled the battery & Sim. But no luck. Also tried calling from different lines...

I would contact Koodo tech support at this point because I'm out of ideas as to what's wrong. If you ported your # in, then make sure you ahve the account # from the old provider handy. If you just upgraded/swapped devices, then tell them that and see what's up.