Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can i use my nano SIM card on the new BlackBerry z30?

I have an iPhone 5 and I'm wondering if i can use my nano SIM card on the BlackBerry Z30

13 replies

Userlevel 7
I think the Z30 uses a micro sim, not a nano. You could use an adapter but I don't recommend those.
Chad Burr wrote:

I think the Z30 uses a micro sim, not a nano. You could use an adapter but I don't recommend those.

And how much would it cost be to buy one?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The adapter that I don't recommend you use because it can damage your phone is around 4$ on ebay. A new sim is 10$
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

micro sims are $10. also sim card adapters are about 2-3 bucks on amazon edit: answered too late
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh ok. But if i do get the micro sim do i have re-activate
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You have to activate the new sim and that's it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Then if you want to use the old SIM in your old phone you just go back into self serve and activete the old card again any time you want to switch. If you do that though keep in mind that after 90 days of being not activated a SIM becomes useless, so activate your unused sim within 90 days if you plan on switching back to it at some time. Also SIM Cards can only be reactivated on the original account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Go to the mobile phone tab in self serve. Click on Swap Mobile Phone. Then click upgrade my current phone and then you can enter the new sim card

I will help you
Userlevel 7
starting mental wrote:

I will help you

it's great that you want to help but this thread has been dead for 3 months now and the OP likely has everything solved now. 🙂
No,You can't do this. Because Blackberry Z30 phone supports Micro size sim card only. So you will need to buy a new sim card from local phone shop or else buy a sim card from E-bay.Before get a new sim,Make sure your phone is unlocked. If it's locked means,you will need to unlock it. For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.classicunlocking.com/blackberry-z30/rs5wp9/ Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.
Userlevel 5
magitha have wrote:

No,You can't do this. Because Blackberry Z30 phone supports Micro size sim card only. So you wi...

Well at least the spam post wasn't the one that brought the topic back from the dead...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
magitha have wrote:

No,You can't do this. Because Blackberry Z30 phone supports Micro size sim card only. So you wi...

I just can't believe all the trouble they go to when they know it's just going to be taken down and that we're all just going to bad mouth their service, like what's the point jeez