Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I transfer my Blackberry to my brother but cancelling my number?

I have a Blackberry with Koodo. It doesn't have a SIM card because it's CDMA technology. I'm leaving the country, will be cancelling my plan and phone number. The phone has been paid off and Tab is at $0 now. Can I give the BB to my brother so he can use it with Koodo with his current number? Can I do it on Self Serve or how? My brother currently has a Wind mobile phone. How do we transfer to Koodo and do this?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
He sure can. He just has to activate at a Koodo kiosk and state that he wants to keep his Wind number. He'll need to keep his Wind account active until the transfer completes, then the Wind account will cancel on it's own. He will also need to provide either the account, serial or PIN number from his Wind account at the store. Once the account is active he'll have to program the phone. To do that he'll have to dial *22803 to access an automated programming service. Pick "1" for English and "1" for programming. Then he'll be good to go.
Curtules wrote:

He sure can. He just has to activate at a Koodo kiosk and state that he wants to keep his Wind...

OK, but do I have to be there at the Koodo kiosk with him? Cause I'm leaving the country and it would be inconvenient cause I wanna use the phone and my number till the last minute at the airport. Can I not authorize Koodo to activate his number with my phone? Do you work for Koodo? Thanks
Also, my phone has been paid off and I have a positive Tab balance on the phone. Can I transfer that positive tab balance to my brother when he takes over the phone or does the positive tab balance become $0 when I transfer it to him?
Userlevel 6
dariuchi wrote:

Also, my phone has been paid off and I have a positive Tab balance on the phone. Can I transfer t...

You won't need to be there if he just activates. But if you want him to have your Tab then you'll have to transfer ownership of your account to him, then he can change the number to his Wind number. You can do that at a kiosk for free, but you'll need to be there, or it can be done over the phone, but there's a $25 fee.
Great, thanks a lot!