Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I retrieve a number I forgot to save?

Hi, About two months ago I was texting someone and forgot to save their number in my phone as a contact. I have since stopped texting that person but now I desperately need to get in contact with them.. The chat is closed so I cant find it. Is there any way I can retrieve their number?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can check the call log on the phone, the number may still be there.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

But I never called, just texted
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Still worth checking. The call log on my android records text messages as well. Failing that, you might be able to see what numbers you texted to in self serve. If neither works you're probably out of luck.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can check the history of SMS sent and received on Self Serve in the Usage section.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I have been looking for the number I forgot to save from texting as well ... when I go to the history, it's gone ... tried looking on my billing but it only records calls in and out and not texts. I am frantic to find the number.

Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Hey Linda!  How long ago did you text that number?  You may still be able to see it on your Self-Serve account as mentioned above ! If you ever called the number you can possibly retrace it with your billed calls!  Hope this helps