Koodo Community

Community

Bring BlackBerry 10 Devices onboard

Userlevel 1
If I switch to Koodo Mobile, I am bringing my BlackBerry Z10 phone with me. What happens if I want to upgrade my phone? I am either forced to pay out of pocket from BlackBerry directly, forced to switch to a different mobile platform, OR outright say goodbye to Koodo.

The fact that Koodo does not support a Canadian Company or at least 1 of their newest devices has forced me to stick to supporting Telus Mobility. Sure I can bring my phone over to Koodo and just upgrade and switch the phones on my account but that's just another hassle to drive me away from here.

My idea is that Koodo start supporting BlackBerry and promoting the BlackBerry 10 experience. Being the previous owner of Apple and Droid devices, I can say that the newest Operating System from BlackBerry surpasses the Ease of Access and Capabilities of the new iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy...(whatever number they are at now). 

I currently own the Z10 and am waiting to see what else BlackBerry has in the works for a full-touch screen device. If they stick to QWERTY devices, I would like to upgrade to the Z30. However I don't have the option to here. With the release of the Classic sometime this fall, and the recent Passport release, As Well As the announced deal with Amazon to bring the Android App Store to BlackBerry Android runtime (yes BlackBerry has it's own version of the Android runtime in it's phone so you can use droid apps) This is a huge opportunity to push the latest and best devices and be the leaders in the mobile community.

It's not all about processor speeds and RAM. The QNX kernel which BlackBerry owns and uses in their phones surpasses anything that Apple, Samsung and others can come close to developing. It does need the newest Octa-Core processor or 8gb or RAM to operate. But, that's just a bit to technical for most readers though... but it's the same technology that runs Hospital Medical equipment, Flight simulators and is even going into Car entertainment systems for full control.

So my idea... Support BlackBerry, Support Canadian Companies and bring in their devices and actually promote them for the gems they are.  

17 replies

Userlevel 7
100% Agree!
+1
Userlevel 2
I fully agree!
Userlevel 2
QNX will be in Ford Sync in all 2016 models! BlackBerry running your car! Love it. Now if only Koodo can see the light! Please carry new BlackBerry's. They are soo much better with each update.
Userlevel 5
The problem is that when carriers have Blackberry devices, Canadians aren't supporting them. Even if Koodo carries them, people need to actually go out to buy them. And not just the handful of people on here asking, people need to actually try to support a Canadian company. Id love to see Blackberry back in the lineup, but with how well they sell, it doesn't surprise me that they aren't in the lineup.
Userlevel 2
The problem is without carrier support the general public doesn't know that BlackBerry is still alive and kicking. And when you go into a store the staff usually don't know much about the BlackBerry's they have. Ask about android or apple and they know lots. They should be trained for all the products they have. Ahh well. If they don't have BlackBerry's then I'll have to go elsewhere. Choice is the name of the game I thought. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Unfortunately supply and demand are taking over here. A handful of guests at my Target still ask for BlackBerry stuff but we stopped carrying it a while ago because sales were bad. It's kind of sad because I wanted to try a Passport. I know a fair bit about the BB 10 OS and enjoy its efficiency and organization with the Hub but I still like my Androids the best.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Unfortunately supply and demand are taking over here. A handful of guests at my Target still ask ...

Jonathan, please don't use pre-Passport statistics. Past BB10 sales are no reflection of current demand whatsoever. There's a big enough demand for the Passport and Classic now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Unfortunately supply and demand are taking over here. A handful of guests at my Target still ask ...

What statistics are you using, Ahmad? Even with the supposed demand for the Passport, I've yet to see one in the wild. I saw a lot more Z10/Q10 devices at their launch, and the Z10 wasn't that easy to get on the release day, but we all know how that turned out. Though, me not seeing them in the wild is hardly "proves" anything other than maybe confirmation bias, hasty generalization, or a fallacy of selective attention. Don't get me wrong, I like BB10 and would like to see a device in the lineup. because I believe that at least one model of each OS should be offered, rather than dozens of Samsungs.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Demand for the Passport and Classic has been great so far! Passport sold out many times on shopblackberry.com. And so did pre- orders for the Classic!
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

BlackBerry has there earnings report tomorrow. Then you will have all the stats you need Ivan. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Im with Jonathan, I am in a lot of stores in a week. And even asked them if they thought there should be a blackberry option. None jumped on it and said they needed them. Blackberry will sell the odd device here and there, but the demand for Android and iPhone is huge. And how do you not use past information to judge? Maybe your a lot bigger risk taker than I am Ahmad, but if over the past couple years Blackberry hasn't been selling, I would DEFINATELY take that into consideration if I had to buy a bunch of inventory again. The Passport is too much of a niche phone to have great success across the board. It has a very very specific target market, and its a amazing phone for people in that market. If a high school student brought one into school, im certain people wouldn't be flocking around him cause he has the coolest phone. And the Classic is far too expensive. Very very few people would go with a Blackberry classic for $500 full price, even at $200 on Tab Medium, its an expensive phone. Especially when you can get a Note 2, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 and a bunch of other phones for free on Tab M and youll most likely get a.gift card.
Userlevel 2
Mark, could Koodo not at the least offer it online and buy them as they get orders?
Userlevel 5
Who knows, Im sure if they decided to they could do a limited release at Koodo Shops like they have for the HTC One M8 and the Galaxy Note 4. Or maybe they can do just an online only thing. But either way they would have to work something out with Blackberry to purchase a bunch of units, and if those units don't sell then what happens.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the info. 🙂
Userlevel 2
I work at a phone store myself that sells koodo and have had a lot of people come in asking for the classic including myself, the qwerty keyboard is a huge selling point to a lot of customers especially I find anyway the older customers, which believe it or not is a huge market. not only that but even small companies such as virgin are offering the phone so why not koodo? bell , rogers, telus (coming up in a week) and virgin are all on board for the device I feel as though koodo may lose a lot of customers if they don't start picking up these phones that competitors have.
Userlevel 2
Hope they follow the other carriers then. 🙂