Koodo Community
Question

Blasckberry 10 text-only email replies have HTML embedded

• 27 March 2013
  • 6 replies

When I reply to a text-only email on my BlackBerry z10 thr included original email body has garbage html chartacters embedded in it. I have turned off the auto-signature. The embedded HTML includes BalckBerry-specific details. Example: From: User [mailto:user@domain.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:54 PM To: Test User Subject: Re: Test 1 from plain text Sample reply User = = =div id="_persistentHeader" style="border-style: solid none none; borde=-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0i=; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;"> <=iv>From: Test User Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 20=3 9:53 PM To: user@domain.com Subject: <=b>Test 1 from plain text

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Charles, when you reply to the email, do you have the option to delete the original text, like you would do with an email on a computer?
I received a follow-up email from CustomerCare (included below) on this issue, however it was of no help. 1. It is not possible to uninstall eMail on a Blacjberry z10. 2. I deleted and re-added the account (again) experiencing the problem - same results re HTML text being written at the end of the new message body and above the included old message. On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Koodo Customer Care wrote: I am sorry about the problem experienced with your email account settings. Let me assist you with the following information: I contacted our technical support team and they advised that the basic troubleshooting to resolve the problem is to uninstall the email account or application that is giving you this problem and reinstall it. You can also refer to this link to review your phone user guide http://help.koodomobile.com/phone-troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What email client are you using, Gmail, Hotmail, ect?
Native BlackBerry z10 email cleint - with an IMAP account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Native BlackBerry z10 email cleint - with an IMAP account.Ya I'm not sure because I use Gmail through the BlackBerry HUB email section and I don't get that. I'd follow Vincent advice and contact BlackBerry support directly.
Userlevel 2
Hey Charles! You should direct your question towards Blackberry: http://koo.do/15ZL4SC. They will be able to give you more technical assistance about the product. Thanks for your understanding.