Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Z10 - Picture Messaging

Is there a way to enable data for only picture messaging? I know you aren't charged for the data used for picture messages, but I am afraid to enable data on my phone in case other applications use it and I get charged extra.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't know if it's possible to edit the APNs as specifically on BB10 versus Android but maybe Chad, our resident BB fan, can help us out. Also try searching for some type of firewall/data restriction app on BB World? Worth a shot.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I don't know if it's possible to edit the APNs as specifically on BB10 versus Android but maybe C...

Nope, it's not possible on the Z10
Jonathan I wrote:

I don't know if it's possible to edit the APNs as specifically on BB10 versus Android but maybe C...

No luck finding an app with those functions. Thanks for the information, fellows.
Userlevel 2
Try this In the Hub, go to Settings. Tap Text Messages, then tap Advanced at the bottom. Scroll down, what does your mmsc show?

Userlevel 7
BluWolfy wrote:

Try this In the Hub, go to Settings. Tap Text Messages, then tap Advanced at the bottom. Scr...

He wants to actually restrict his data use to MMS only, unfortunately that's not possible on Koodo postpaid at the moment.
Userlevel 7
BluWolfy wrote:

Try this In the Hub, go to Settings. Tap Text Messages, then tap Advanced at the bottom. Scr...

On top of what Chad said, editing that specific part would actually remove his MMS capabilities because that is the MMS APN settings (hence why it's under Text Message settings)