Koodo Community

Community

Solved

BlackBerry Z10

I've been thinking about getting the Z10. Any pros or cons so far?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
all pros pretty much except for unlocking to use on other carriers is having issues right now. It crashes a bit but they are pushing out an update right now that should fix that. Battery isn't the greatest but you can get a really cool battery and charger pack for it that's the best of its kind I've ever seen. Other than that it's getting great reviews worldwide.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Agree with Kid... I hate this competition between Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows. Fanboys galore, yet they are all great companies who make great phones. I have read very good reviews too about the Z10, truly you can't go wrong with any modern (post-2010) device 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Agree with Kid... I hate this competition between Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows. Fanboys...

Hey I'm a huge fan of Android (obviously lol) and I'm waiting on delivery of a Z10 right now so that should tell you something about how awesome of a device it is. I can't wait to get my Z10, I'm dying to fool around with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Agree with Kid... I hate this competition between Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows. Fanboys...

I'm a huge Android fan too, Kid 🙂 But I always like to keep my eyes open for other/better/different devices 🙂 BTW as a tidbit of information: the Z10 is currently receiving a huge firmware update that makes it even more awesome 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I said up top that it was getting a update to fix alot of the issues and optimize the OS. LOL I'm on top of it lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Haha missed that, you're quite right! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

lol ;-P
I heard there is a bug when trying to sync your calendar. It would crash
I haven't heard any huge cons.with the device. I just personally don't like Blackberry phones, triedan old curve and found the Palm Pre i had after better personally. If you're into Blackberry phones, i'd suggest getting it, but i've found better functionality in Android phones personally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RedMageX wrote:

I haven't heard any huge cons.with the device. I just personally don't like Blackberry phones, t...

You can't compare the new Z10 running Blackberry 10 to any old blackberry it's completely different and is actually better than Android & IOS in some ways
Userlevel 7
RedMageX wrote:

I haven't heard any huge cons.with the device. I just personally don't like Blackberry phones, t...

Kid is right. Completely different than what you have used and experience.
What phone do you currently own? If you're switching to a Z10 you need to know that several apps that you now take for granted are not there. I'm not saying it's a bad phone but it does require some adjustment. For example I miss Google Maps, my access to Google Drive (natively) Netflix, etc.... You can answer this question yourself by answering these questions: 1. What phone do I currently have? If Blackberry, you'll love it. 2. What apps on my current phone do I use the most? Are they Available? What are the alternatives 3. If coming from a BB, can you live without the physical keyboard? Hope this helps.