Koodo Community

Community

BlackBerry rolls out software updates for version 10.1 (maintenance release)

Badge +4
The maintenance update was officially released July 29, 2013 for both the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 models. The link below highlights what the update will bring to your Blackberry Z10 or Q10 device. http://ca.blackberry.com/support/smartphones/blackberry-z10/software-updates/release-highlights.html?CPID=SOC_C_WW_IBB1375126781 I went ahead with the update on my loaner Z10 over Wi-Fi and everything worked flawlessly. It's a relatively long procedure though taking nearly an hour to fully complete. Everything remained intact, but it is advised to backup the device before proceeding with the update.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
What's the exact OS version that Koodo is rolling out? Is it 4687? I used that for a few weeks and it's a very solid release. Tons of minor updates and improvements/additions. Now I'm onto 10.2.0.810 and is awesome to have 4.2.2 for my Android sideloads, they fly.
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

What's the exact OS version that Koodo is rolling out? Is it 4687? I used that for a few week...

I have 10.1.0.4181 showing up under the software updates section. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to install anything other than official BB OS updates on my loaner device. This was a device I chose to evaluate as part of the Mobile Masters Great Phone Loan Program and it must remain stock. Might have to save up the nickles and wait for the BB A-10. Envious that you're able to run 4.2.2. on your's though. Just curious, won't the official BB OS 10.2 release include the Android 4.2.2. run-time?
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

What's the exact OS version that Koodo is rolling out? Is it 4687? I used that for a few week...

4181 is the software release. Mind going to 'about' and then switching the category from 'general' to 'OS' and checking the OS version? Yeah 10.2, when official, will include 4.2.2. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll actually include 4.3, shouldn't be too much a stretch. 4.2.2 is confirmed though, in the least.
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Learn something new every day, thank you 🙂 It's 4633.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
I really can not wait for 10.2 I was really excited to see what BlackBerry had come up with and the Z10 became my daily driver.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

I really can not wait for 10.2 I was really excited to see what BlackBerry had come up with and t...

Yeah I'm more or less quite happy with it. As a communication device it's generally very efficient and I find I'm quite productive with it. Some things can be improved of course, the lack of certain native apps is a bit of an issue for some people, but sideloading for me essentially solves that problem, albeit less then optimally.