Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Q5 "Camera can't be started."

The camera on my brand new q5 worked for a day, now I get the same error message every time. I have reloaded the software, reset to factory defaults, and nothing helps. I don't think this is uncommon for the q5. I see forum messages going back to November 2013. Most eventually end with "it looks like a hardware error. Contact your service provider." Anybody have any ideas?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
That's a bummer 😞 Have you tried opening the camera from the video folder? a few people have found that to work.
Thanks for the tip, Daniel. I just tried it and got the same message. I am starting to get the depressing feeling that my phone might be a lemon.
Userlevel 7
Dave Forsyth wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Daniel. I just tried it and got the same message. I am starting to get...

If it's still within 15 days, you can exchange your phone Dave.
Dave Forsyth wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Daniel. I just tried it and got the same message. I am starting to get...

Thanks again. I have had the phone for 5 days, so I guess I will contact Koodo and see what they say.
Dave Forsyth wrote:

My name is salva I also have a same problem ' I bought my fine last year December, but camera is no longer working from january ,black berry Q5
Userlevel 7
Dave Forsyth wrote:

It seems that you are out of your warranty period 😞 Have you tried reloading blackberry OS? you can find out how to do so through a quick google search.
Dave Forsyth wrote:

I did but but stilnt he same nothing happen . camera is not working
Dave Forsyth wrote:

Sorry, I did but still the same nothing happen, camera is not working
Is there a fix for this problem. I got my blackberry Q5 in the mail yesterday and I turned it on and tried to use the camera but got a message saying camera can't be started
Userlevel 7
Sandy wrote:

Is there a fix for this problem. I got my blackberry Q5 in the mail yesterday and I turned it on...

Hi Sandy, Koodo gives you 15 days from the day you bought it to return it and 30 days to exchange it. Call koodo and let them know you have this defect and they'll get you fixed up.