Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Q10 - HSPA+ or LTE

Userlevel 1
I was wondering if the Q10 on Koodo's network supports 4G LTE? Currently, I am only showing UMTS as an available network on Koodo. When I manually search for available networks, I see that Rogers and Bell are available at LTE. Is UTMS the same as LTE? Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You need an LTE compatible SIM card. It's possible that when you signed up with Koodo you were given one that doesn't have it but that's unlikely. Check your network settings. I haven't used BB 10 in a while but I had both a Q10 and Z10 at one point and you need to make sure you select GSM/H+/LTE as both the phone and network support it.
Userlevel 1
Hi Jonathan, Thanks for replying. I think you might me right on the money about the Sim card. I'm going to see if I need it replaced. I do have the network settings currently set for LTE/HSPA+UMTS. However, I am somewhat confused what the "H - Voice/ Data" means. Thanks, Maya
Userlevel 7
Maya W wrote:

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for replying. I think you might me right on the money about the Sim card. I'...

The H-Voice and data means voice and data take place in the HSPA network. LTE network is currently only used for data but they're working on VoLTE for the future.
Userlevel 1
Maya W wrote:

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for replying. I think you might me right on the money about the Sim card. I'...

Thanks!!! That pretty much answers all my questions.