Koodo Community

Community

Solved

blackberry plans

I am wondering if i had the blackberry data saver add on added to the canada wide talk and text 25 plan, if that would allow me access to bbm and emails as well as allow me to access the internet? I am looking for the lowest rate plan as I dont need a lot of talking minutes but unlimited texting and access to internet, facebook, and blackberry messenger

11 replies

The 5$ BB messenger add on will give you BBM unlimited only and the 10$ BB social will give you BBM unlimited and Facebook, tweeter, and MSN unlimited, hopwever in both plan it doesnt include your emails or access to internet like google etc, you need a data plan for that, that then again depends on how much you ll use the internet
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
blackberry data saver access will indeed allow you to access bbm and emails as well as access the internet. You will be charged based on the data used at the standard pay per use data saver rates listed at koodomobile.com.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

blackberry data saver access will indeed allow you to access bbm and emails as well as access the...

Does it? because on the website it says to have the data saver you must have the Data Saver BlackBerry Access Add-on, but if you have this addon it says in the addon page : It can’t be added with the BlackBerry Messenger or Social add-ons I m not saying you re wrong or anyhting just wondering here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

blackberry data saver access will indeed allow you to access bbm and emails as well as access the...

the bbm add on gives unlimited access to bbm. the bb social add on gives unlimited access to social media sites. pay per use data saver allows access to everything but you pay for the data you use to do it.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes but that s the thing if I understood correctly on the website you cant have the pay per use data saver if you have the messenger or social add on, you l still be able to go on the internet and be charged at a pay per use rate, but not at the data saver rate So it s either one or the other, either you have the data saver rate and no bbm social or messenger add on, OR those addons but the internet at not a data saver rate, if it makes sense
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

no, you can't have both together, and a pre-bb10 phone will not be able to access the internet outside of what is included in the plan.. Why is it that you believe he would need both together?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Okay so we were both saying the same thing, u cant have both mostly for my personal knowledge for your question 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

BBM is data. If the only thing you need data for is BBM, you can pay $5 a month and get unlimited access to BBM and only BBM. Same deal with social media, $10 a month and you get unlimited access to social media and only social media. Neither one of these plans offer general internet access, if you need that you will either need one of the all in one data plans or the data saver for bb add-on on one of the talk and text plans. This will allow access to anything, including BBM and social media, but you will be charged for any data that you use at data saver rates. The reason you cannot add unlimited bbm or bb social with the data saver for bb is that your data cannot be unlimited and chargeable at the same time.
When I signed up with Koodo in August 2012, I did not have the BBM plan or the Social plan for my BB Curve. My email did not work, even if I was connected to wifi. So I added the 2 plans and email worked, with or without wifi. But if I read your message correctly, I no longer need either add on for my email to work? Since Koodo changed the plans to unlimited text, I no longer use BBM as it doesn't seem to be as reliable as text. Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have one of the canada wide talk and text plans, you can add the no charge add on 'blackberry data saver access' to allow you to access data at the data saver rate of $5 for 25 mb, $10 for 100 mb, etc.
Userlevel 7
The data saver access for legacy BBs is pretty sweet because they use such little data compared to most devices. It works in favor of light talkers but heavy data users (on iPhone/Android/BB10+) too, since you can get 3GB for $30 but have a small amount of minutes if that's your thing. Koodo's pretty flexible like that.