Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry OS updates

Userlevel 2
I have a BB Q10 with 10.3.2.2474 installed - which was the last update released via Koodo - that I received notification for, however via the BB Forum I see that there have been subsequent releases and that version 10.3.2.2888 is now available (although the more stable 10.3.2.2813 is actually the recommended update) - however when I check for software updates on the Q10 it reports that the latest OS version installed.

So given that I know there are newer OS versions than Koodo have released (or as noted above than I have (personally) received notification of) is there some setting I need to change to get notifications from Koodo or a method of bypassing the software update function on the Q10.

Many thanks.

ps. Blackberry haters need not reply.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's usually just a delay in Carriers pushing it. You can always use sachesi if you're impatient. I wouldn't worry much given that bb10 updates have been reduced to minimal maintenance and security updates. I'm still waiting for 10.3.3 to stop being endlessly delayed one quarter every quarter.
Userlevel 7
Is there a way to update it with the BlackBerry Link software by connecting it to your computer? I haven't used the Q10 in some time but I would check that out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Is there a way to update it with the BlackBerry Link software by connecting it to your computer? ...

Check this out:

http://crackberry.com/how-get-latest-blackberry-10-software-your-z10-even-if-your-carrier-hasnt-push...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't worry about BlackBerry haters. This is a support forum, not a fanboy hangout 🙂
Userlevel 2
Ivan wrote:

Don't worry about BlackBerry haters. This is a support forum, not a fanboy hangout 🙂

I don't 'worry' about [b]Blackberry haters, just that their comments get in the way of meaningful dialogue and for the record, history demonstrates that several of the well-established posters and 'official' respondents here are among the worse for dismissing BB queries as irrelevant.