Koodo Community

Community

Solved

**Blackberry KEYone**!!!

**Blackberry KEYone**!!! Does anyone know if koodo will carry this? If anyone knows how to reach the higher ups, tell them to get a move on, many customers will want to have this phone. It really makes me ever so slightly sick that koodo does not carry any blackberrys.

7 replies

Get it unlocked and you can use it on koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is incredibly unlikely that Koodo will carry it. I want to believe that many would buy it, but I doubt it incredibly. It's going to retail for 550USD for starters. More than the current flagship dtek60. Also the sales numbers of Android blackberry phones have been pitiful. Best guess is the dtek60 won't break 20k units. I have no idea why TCL is pricing this out of competition. Maybe it knows the people that want a physical keyboard will pay any price and it cannot get back people who left physical keyboards years ago. Either way it's a super niche phone with a price 150 USD higher than the axon 7 and one plus, 50 USD higher than the dtek60, and 250 more than the comparably speced (except 4/64gb memory) zenfone 3. BlackBerry sells well under half a million phones per quarter. And it continues to drop. Koodo also generally does not subsidize the price of phones, so if you really wanted to support blackberry / TCL, you may as well buy direct.
Userlevel 2
Telus has announced they will carry the KEYone so maybe Koodo will as well.
RickT wrote:

Telus has announced they will carry the KEYone so maybe Koodo will as well.

That would be nice.  Rogers & Bell will be carrying it too. I read an article that said they will offer it for 199 with a two year contract.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also unlikely. The flanker brands stopped carrying all or almost all blackberry models and the main / premium brands (Telus bell Rogers) have continued to carry some. Freedom and Videotron tend to carry more blackberries because of the relatively lower number of pentaband phones. It is possible but I'd consider it unlikely and not bet on it.
Userlevel 2
The Keyone will not work on Freedom's network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

The Keyone will not work on Freedom's network.

Freedom uses Band 4 for 3G. This fall, they are expanding to LTE which will use Band 4 in Eastern Ontario, and Band 66 elsewhere.
The Keyone supports Band 4 so it should pickup 3G and LTE in Eastern Ontario when it comes out.