Koodo Community
Solved

Blackberry Key2LE switch data from cell or Wifi

• 6 December 2018
  • 4 replies

• New User
  • 11 replies
My BB Q10 was capable of was capable of switching automatically receiving data from the cell net to a wifi net when it was available. Can the BB Key2 LE do that if so how can I set it up. Couldn't find it in the menu. Thanks
Paul
icon

Best answer by JPB 6 December 2018, 20:32

You mean switch to WiFi when you are in range to a known WiFi network like when at home?
That is what I meant, If you are in range of a known WIFI it will be used.
I am so use to that feature that I took it for granted and unwittingly used 150MB of data last night when I was 25 feet from our WIFI router.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You mean switch to WiFi when you are in range to a known WiFi network like when at home?
That is what I meant, If you are in range of a known WIFI it will be used.
I am so use to that feature that I took it for granted and unwittingly used 150MB of data last night when I was 25 feet from our WIFI router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mean switch to WiFi when you are in range to a known WiFi network like when at home?That is what I meant, If you are in range of a known WIFI it will be used.

What does it say in your wifi settings?
Is your wifi on?
I think I found it. WI-FI preferences Allow use of cellular data when WIFI is connected. turn that off
thanks