Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Classic

I am buying a Blackberry Classic, is it compatible with Koodo and what changes do I need to make to my existing account. I am currently using a broken iPhone.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm not quite sure what size SIM card the Classic uses, but if it's the same size as your current one, all you'll need to do is take it out of the iPhone and put it in the Classic. If it doesn't fit, then you'll need to buy a new one, which is $5 for postpaid and $20 for prepaid (but those come with a $20 activation credit to offset it).

Pretty much any Classic you buy should be 100% compatible with Koodo if it's purchased directly from Blackberry, since they're based in Canada to begin with.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not quite sure what size SIM card the Classic uses, but if it's the same size as your current...

Nano sim for the classic
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not quite sure what size SIM card the Classic uses, but if it's the same size as your current...

Thank you both 🙂
Userlevel 7
It likely is compatible unless it was originally not a North American version of the phone. In that case you won't have LTE.

You do not need to make any changes to your plan but you may need a new sim card.
Userlevel 3
If the phone was bought in Canada and unlocked it should work with Koodo. If it's not unlocked, you will need to do that first before setting it up with Koodo.  BlackBerry 10 devices rock! 🙂