Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Classic

Does anyone know if Koodo will be carrying the new Blackberry Classic? If so, when... if not, why not?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
No plans have been announced for Koodo to carry it unfortunately.
Userlevel 4
Hi Lauren, Alot of buzz around this phone. I recommend placing your vote here (currently has 28, quite a few): http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/carry-the-blackberry-classic Note, it's currently marked not planned) There are other threads as well, but the one above seems to be the main.
I purchased a Classic through Blackberry.com web site online these are unlocked and work with all carriers, had the phone within two days. $499.00 plus tax free shipping.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Atherton wrote:

I purchased a Classic through Blackberry.com web site online these are unlocked and work with all...

I also prefer buying my phones outright. I select my carrier based on the features I need at a price that I can afford. I don't let my carrier's lineup dictate which phone I choose.
Userlevel 4
Paul Atherton wrote:

I purchased a Classic through Blackberry.com web site online these are unlocked and work with all...

I agree with your point, and have been utilizing the tab free discount and changing phones outside of Koodo. However, unless you want a Blackberry, iPhone , Nexus (and as of late, Xperia), there isn't really any easy way for one to buy a Samsung (say) outright. Please, given how carriers give better incentives to buy from them. While koodo is on the better side, they still give 5 percent more to those on a tab than those who use the tab discount. You would think it would be opposite seeing they are technically giving you a interest free loan.
Userlevel 4
Paul Atherton wrote:

I should have proof read. Please should be Plus. Also when did Koodo take away edits??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Atherton wrote:

I still have an option to edit:

Userlevel 4
Paul Atherton wrote:

Weird. No option on my bb10, ipad nor Mac. I'm logged in, and tried 2 different browsers on osx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Atherton wrote:

My experience matches that of Ry; I can edit until someone else posts, or some period of time passes, then I cannot edit. Maybe Mobile Masters have more latitude.