Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry canno receive messages (or use data)

Userlevel 1
Hello everyone. My moto g recently died and I got a temp unlocked blackberry bold. All is well until I am out of the house and have no wifi. That's when I realize that I cannot use my data for whatsapp or even Facebook. But I can call and text. Is there a way around this? I am a post paid user on the old $50 , 1gb plan before the tab system came out. I would love some feedback.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
With bbos7, you need a BlackBerry specific plan for data to work. Unfortunately, you are out of luck.
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

With bbos7, you need a BlackBerry specific plan for data to work. Unfortunately, you are out of l...

You can change your plan to a bb specific plan, it's an option. But you'll loose your old plan.
Userlevel 1
i really expected that switching between bb data or regular data would be as easy as a click of a button and I wouldn't have to change my plan.
My plan is pretty sweet and the same plan now is over $55. this is disappointing..
Userlevel 7
Naveed Kanji wrote:

i really expected that switching between bb data or regular data would be as easy as a click of a...

It's a limitation of the older bb devices.
Userlevel 7
Naveed Kanji wrote:

i really expected that switching between bb data or regular data would be as easy as a click of a...

Sort of but not really at the same time. Koodo could create a $0 add-on that adds the blackberry provision so that a change of plans isn't required. Telus has this. I've always wanted them to do it this way but idk why they choose not to
Userlevel 7
Naveed Kanji wrote:

We once suggested they just add the provisioning to all the plans but nope.
Userlevel 4
Naveed Kanji wrote:

Well, I see why they didn't do that. With BlackBerry provisioning, they need to pay BlackBerry a monthly service fee to access the BIS NOC