Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry Bold and the Internet Issues

Ok I need to know (before I freak out and bitch to Koodo) Is anyone having this issue where they're using their phone (mine is a bold) and you're on the internet and your phone cuts out? Like legit just shuts down and my battery is all "I'm done". So when I plug it in, it says I'm with Telus (hence why I'm hoping someone else has this problem Could it be my battery? Or is there someone else having this problem? Thank you!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
How old is your bold?
A year and like, 3 months, maybe 4 Would my battery cause it? That going on the internet would suck the power that much?
Userlevel 7
While wifi is a power draw, it shouldn't zap your battery. On the other hand my experience with older BlackBerry is that the battery fails easily. New batteries can be had via ebay for a handful of loonies so all is not lost. If you use the network instead of wifi for the net, does the battery drain as fast? How much life are you getting out of the battery? When it does switch to Telus (which doesn't actually matter) do you have to manually flip it back to Koodo or does it correct itself. Your device might be in its last days too. But did you know the BlackBerry Q5 is only 150$! So upgrading to the latest BlackBerry OS will be less expensive than you might think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo and telus run on the same network, so that in and of itself is not a concern. Not quite understanding what's happening, is the phone going from fully charged to dead battery in a matter of minutes? And does anyone else think that Blackberry Bold and the Internet issues sounds like a good name for a kids' tv show?
Ok so this is what's happening I'll charge my phone all night. Battery is great, but then when I use my data for a few minutes, my phone legit dies. Like zapped completely. So we're guessing battery? I understand both Koodo and Telus are the same, but during this time, I have to turn on my data manually and it takes a few moments to kick in,
Userlevel 7
Sydney Prahl-Davis wrote:

Ok so this is what's happening I'll charge my phone all night. Battery is great, but then when I...

Yup battery is likely finished. Feels! Check eBay
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so this is what's happening I'll charge my phone all night. Battery is great, but then when I...

Agreed. Symptoms sound like the battery is shot.
Userlevel 7

What model # is your bold? 9xxx

9900 I do believe Well atleast it's just the battery! Thanks for all your help!
Userlevel 7

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?kw=bold+9900+battery&isNewKw=1&pgn=1&epp=24&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&sqp=bold+9900+b&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1311.R5.TR11.TRC1.Xbold+9900+b

Already ordered one from Amazon 🙂