Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry And iPhone On Same Plan

I have the Canada Wide Super 6gb plan and I have 2 phones. A Blackberry Bold 9700 and a iPhone. I just got the blackberry the other day and I cant use email or bbm over wifi. Is their a way to get my data to work between both devices? I switch between them and I would like for at least my bbm and my email to work on my Blackberry. Is their something I have to add onto my account to get the blackberry to work?... Any help is appreciated! (I really don't want to pay more than $5 extra per month to get it to work... just not worth it)

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think BB data is not the same as other's phone data but I can't tell you why. This is the reason it might be happening. What to do? I'll let other member answer!
Userlevel 6
Hi Kristofer, Unfortunately BB10, Android, Iphone plan does not support Curve/Bold blackberry at the moment. There is no way to make it happen just because of physical obstacles. The plan you are on, is no longer offered and Koodo cannot change it for you with the same plan to bold/curve plan. Hope it makes sense.
What about the Data Saver Blackberry Access.. It says its free... If i add this to my plan would that make my blackberry work and the iPhone still work too?
Userlevel 6
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

What about the Data Saver Blackberry Access.. It says its free... If i add this to my plan would ...

You can try adding it, I'm not sure if it will work on the Super 6 plan as it's designed to work with the Data Saver. However, adding it or not will not affect your iPhone data services as the Koodo APN will still be provisionned in the plan itself, the add-on just adds the BB APN to the existing plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So it will work if i do add it on? Will it use data for checking email or bbming on wifi?
Userlevel 6
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

So it will work if i do add it on? Will it use data for checking email or bbming on wifi?

As I said, I can't say for sure if it will work or not on the Super 6 plan. But as far as wifi is conserned, you're never using cellular data for that because you're not connecting to Koodo, you're connecting to your router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would say yes. But I'll wait for Erwin or someone else to confirm this. But like I said it is going to be a weird plan. Because you'll have data on the iPhone and another package for BB. Keep in mind that there's 0MB included in the free add-on. It only tell the server that you want to use PAY-PER-USE data saver. Everything will depend on the usage you make. For exemple, if you use data under 25MG you'll pay 5$ and so on.
Userlevel 6
It's really very confusing, I know that the Blackberry version of the Super 6 plan would have just worked. It's too bad that it's way too late to just switch to that. The thing is that with flat-rate data plans the only actual difference between BB and non-BB versions is the inclusion of the BB APN, so an iPhone will work on a BB flat-rate data plan like the Super 6 (BB) and still use the same data bucket. However, with the Data Saver BB Access no one here seems sure whether it just adds the BB APN or also activates Data Saver. Best case scenario: you've just found a back door. Worst case scenario: you'll be charged $60 for the same services provided in the $50 plan. Middle ground: It might just not work or not be an option to add to your plan. I would hold off on adding Data Saver BB access until you can get a 100% confirmation.
Ok thanks for the help guys. Hopefully someone will confirm that this will work. I dont mind adding the data server bb to my plan. Because when i use my iphone it wont charge it to the bb data it would charge it to the 6gb plan. But my question is that if i do have it on my account can i set up mail and what not but use wifi after its set up?
Userlevel 6
Hi Kristofer, If I understand the situation correctly, you wanted to add Blackberry Data Saver on your current super 6 GB plan? Unfortunately, the Blackberry Access Data Saver showed up after the super 6GB plan. This means that if you call in or go to a Koodo kiosk, the option for BB access Data Saver will not populate to your add-on options. The best option will still be choosing a different plan other the plan you have right now or using another phone to tether the data to your blackberry. But if you plan to tether, Blackberry Messenger and Picture Messaging will still not be available but you will be able to use data reliable apps. Just like what Curtules mentioned above, if a customer has a blackberry plan [i.e. $60 Canada-wide Plan (BB)], they will be able to use it on any other phone like iPhones, BB10, Androids. However if they have a regular plan, they can't be use on a blackberry curve or bold because it is missing a special BB Curve/Bold APN. I hope this makes sense.
Would it be possible for me to switch over to a blackberry 6gb plan just like the 1 i have now? Im not going to switch my awesome plan to a shit one like the ones u have now just to get my bb to work. Is their any way u guys could put me on the super 6gb bb plan instead?
Userlevel 5
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

Would it be possible for me to switch over to a blackberry 6gb plan just like the 1 i have now? I...

Unfortunately no, they deleted it from the system when the promo expired.
I'm on a old Data Saver Plan, if i add the blackberry add on, does that reset my Data Saver Plan to the new one?
Userlevel 7
Mike Crow wrote:

I'm on a old Data Saver Plan, if i add the blackberry add on, does that reset my Data Saver Plan ...

I answered your question in this thread: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/pay_per_use_data_now_available_for_blackberry_users