Koodo Community
Question

Blackberry 9360 WONT CHARGE!!

• 4 February 2013
  • 8 replies

i have a blackberry Curve 9360,and the USB port thing in my phone is broken,one of the metal pieces looks bent and i can't charge my phone because it doesn't connect to the USB charger. i was wondering how i could fix this...could i send it in to get fixed(its still under warranty) or are there battery pack chargers that i can buy?? i also have 95 bucks left on my tab...would it be easier to upgrade and pay the difference?? HELP!! lool

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your BB is still under warranty I suggest you call Koodo at 866.99.Koodo and arrange for warranty service. They can lend you another phone for a 150$ deposit (refundable) or you can ask for Priority Replacment (they send you a replacement and you send them the busted one) there is a 25$ administrative charge for this. Sometimes the warranty will not cover physical damage so you may want to bring it to a kiosk before sending it to warranty. good luck.
If your BB is still under warranty I suggest you call Koodo at 866.99.Koodo and arrange for warra...if they lend me another phone and i pay the 150$ i get that money back when i return the phone?? the 25$ charge on the replacement phone while mine is being fixed is non refundable i'm guessing. Should i go to the kiosk i bought the phone from or just any Koodo kiosk?? And thank you,one last question though... do battery pack chargers for blackberry batteries exists??could i buy a charger where i need to take the battery out of my phone to charge it,like most cameras?? thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your BB is still under warranty I suggest you call Koodo at 866.99.Koodo and arrange for warra...Universal Charger: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackberry-Curve-9360-Battery-Charger-UBOC-USB-Charging-Great-Investment-/130789922532?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e73afd6e4 Unit with extra batteries: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-1500mAh-Battery-for-BlackBerry-9350-9360-9370-with-Charger-Free-Shipping-/190754143792?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c69d53e30
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your BB is still under warranty I suggest you call Koodo at 866.99.Koodo and arrange for warra...the 150$ is refundable, the 25$ is not refunable you're exchanging the damaged phone for a refurb or new phone. HOWEVER if the damage is deemed out of warranty you may be responsible for additional costs. That's why a trip to the kiosk (to let them examine it) may be prudent. You can go to any kiosk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Warranty will not cover broken charger ports because it is indeed physical damage, so your gonna have to pay to get it fixed. Chances are it's cheaper to just purchase a new phone.
It would be cheaper, my opinion on Blackberry isn't a good one, i had the torch and nothing that would ever happen to it was covered, even the fact the battery went, so i switched all together, and i suggest you do the same!
Userlevel 7
This seems to be a common problem with the 9360. Happening to my dad right now. Happened to a friend. Heard of others too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This seems to be a common problem with the 9360. Happening to my dad right now. Happened to a fri...alot of the time it happens to certain phones that are rounded front to back along the body where the Port is & when the charger plug that plugs into the port is really thin. Is that either case with this model of phone?