Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blackberry 9300 and SOS in upper right corner

Blackberry 9300. I have SOS up in right corner and phone will not work. I have removed battery and sim card and rebooted but still will not connect.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You may have the network mode set to 2g or gsm. Make sure it's set to 3G Also make sure your network mode is set to automatic, if it already is, set it to.manual and scan for Koodo.
Thanks Chad, I changed to 3G and manual. Says "scan for network failed. Try again later." Any other ideas for me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ruth Noonan Truax wrote:

Thanks Chad, I changed to 3G and manual. Says "scan for network failed. Try again later." Any ...

Pull the battery and sim again after setting the phone to 3G. If it still won't work, call tech support.
Userlevel 7
Ruth Noonan Truax wrote:

Thanks Chad, I changed to 3G and manual. Says "scan for network failed. Try again later." Any ...

I always forget the reboot part!
Yahoo, finally hooked up! Thanks for your help.
Did you mean your phone shown SOS(Emergency calls only) screen? There are two possibilities to get this type of issue. 1.You mobile phone receives weak signal from near tower so try to Swich off your mobile,wait few seconds and switch on. 2.Your mobile is locked to particular network provider. If your problem persists after switch on your mobile phone,definitely your mobile phone restricted by some network so try to unlock your mobile phone.You can unlock your mobile phone using network unlock code.It's the best way to unlock your phone.If you need an unlock code for your http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/supported-phones/rs2wp7/ I hope it will be very useful to you.