Koodo Community

Community

Blackberry 10.2 software upgrade available for download!

Badge +4
This isn't an idea, but found I had no other option to make a simple announcement. Over-the-air software installation: For Z10, Q10 & Q5 devices. The download is 651 MB in size and takes approximately forty minutes to complete from start to finish (times will vary depending on your setup). OS version will read: 10.2.0.1791. You can get the download either over the air by going to Settings > Software Updates tap the button at the bottom of the screen labelled Check for Updates. Or you can get the update through Blackberry Link. Using Blackberry Link: If a new version of the device software is available for your BlackBerry device, it will be listed in the Settings view in BlackBerry®️ Link on your computer. From there, simply click Install Update to update your software. Always perform a back up whenever installing an OS upgrade!

18 replies

Not showing up ota on my q5 yet
Badge +4
Chris McCleery wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on when each and every device will receive the software upgrade. It's definitely out there and as with all software upgrades, it's just a matter of time. Try again later this evening or tomorrow and let us know.
Chris McCleery wrote:

That's cool you think I'd have a better chance using BlackBerry link?
Badge +4
Chris McCleery wrote:

I can't say for certain that'll you will have a better chance, but it's worth a try. To be quite honest, I was reading another community members post about the upgrade and just went ahead and selected Check for Updates (on my Z10) and voila, the update notification was there. According to mattjs' post, the software update began rolling out this week, I may have lucked out in getting the update early. I should also mention, credit goes to mattjs for bringing this information forward. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/blackberry_10_2_rollout
Chris McCleery wrote:

Thanks bud I'll give it a shot when I'm home
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris McCleery wrote:

I hit it a couple times and it usually gets it the 4th time when it doesnt show up the first time.
Userlevel 7
Not for nothing but try checking when your wifi is connected. I'm in Virginia at the moment (on wifi) and despite being on T-Mobile, a similar 10.2 update is showing.

Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Not for nothing but try checking when your wifi is connected. I'm in Virginia at the moment (on w...

That's strange, I wonder why there's a 101 MB difference between the new OS upgrade I received and the one you're looking at there. The upgrade I downloaded was 651 MB. Is that on your Q5 or Z10?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Not for nothing but try checking when your wifi is connected. I'm in Virginia at the moment (on w...

I just realized that too. And I think it's because I'm running a leak 10.2 so this is grade would out me to the latest 10.2 official
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

It only upgrades (or downgrades in Chad's case) the files that are different from what is already installed. I was on a hybridized 10.2.1 OS and mine was around 420mb I believe.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The one thing I don't want to loose is the unlocked android runtime. But isuppose I can just reinstall that. Was that your experience as well?
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah I lost mine. Hate not being able to hide the bottom bar and having to sign apks all the time. Had to reload it.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Okay then good thing i kept that download. Guess ill.never be stock with anything. I wasn't with Android and I'm not in BlackBerry either.
Has anyone been able to update their Q10 on Koodo yet? My Z10 got the update, but my wife's Q10 doesn't show it.
Ya still nothing for my q5, tried on wifi, tried with BlackBerry link, heck I'm gonna go to tims and try it on their wifi. Has anyone actually confirmed an update on a q5 on koodo? Is there some kind of secret order to this chaos!
.424. is the software release, .1791 is the OS build number. If you go into settings -> About -> OS, you'll see it there
www.bberror.com/bb10-0015
Userlevel 7
Nauroz Khan wrote:

www.bberror.com/bb10-0015

?