Koodo Community

Community

Solved

blackberry 10: 10.3.1 update issue

This update for BB10 v10.3.1.1865 says I need to remove more than half a gig of data when my storage reading says I have almost three free gigs. I have nothing else to remove except core apps like the browser. Something is wrong with this update. What to do?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Under Settings - Storage - Device Storage Details, you are certain there is no large app that can be temporarily removed? Any pics or music that can be offloaded to SD card?
Ry wrote:

Under Settings - Storage - Device Storage Details, you are certain there is no large app that can...

I have the same problem,i after erasing everything I can,contacts email everything,the only thing that's left on my phone is factory apps,and its still telling me to free up 967 mb of space
Ry wrote:

Under Settings - Storage - Device Storage Details, you are certain there is no large app that can...

Connect your phone via BlackBerry Link and update using USB. The OS requires 3 gb when installing over the air. When you install via the laptop, it only need half of that.
This has been covered many times on CB. If you don't have enough space on your device, install the update using Blackberry Link via USB. You will require 500 mb less for the update to be installed this way since the files are cached on your computer.
ok, I have followed all of the instructions. deleted every possible app that can be removed, have my phone connected to my computer and have unsuccessfully tried to update through bb link 3 or so times now. When this process began, i had 2.5 gigs of space avail. When the install failed, I deleted everything and yet....I somehow have only 500mb of avail space now. I am considering a factory reset because there is absolutely nothing on my phone now that is even remotely personal or 'mine' anymore. I am at a loss here.
Gordon Zorz wrote:

ok, I have followed all of the instructions. deleted every possible app that can be removed, have...

oh, and before you tell me I need 500mb or 'less' for this install, it is continuing to fail at around the 64% mark.