Koodo Community
Solved

BBz30

• 23 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @rikkster. I believe at one time you had a BBz30. I have one, love it, perfect condition. It is perfect for my use. My problem is that my battery is not holding a decent charge anymore. My question to you is, is the battery in it exclusive to BB or is it a commonly available battery ? I have seen on Amazon that they are available but seem to be new “old” stock. I was hoping that if it is a common battery I can purchase a battery that is new stock and regain my charge time. There is a repair shop in Simcoe.

Thanks Fred

icon

Best answer by rikkster 23 June 2020, 08:32

Hi Fred. At that time, I would have had the Blackberry Z10 which was released several months earlier than the BB Z30. I moved to the BB Priv and now have the BB Key2 LE.

The labelling on the OE battery would suggest that only a Blackberry branded battery replacement should be installed. Of course, this was when replacement batteries for this model were plentiful.

I’m seeing the new “old” stock as well. Personally, I would opt for a battery from a seller that sells batteries exclusively. Amazon doesn’t go into a whole lot of detail when it comes to replacement phone batteries.

I’ve provided a link where you can cross-reference the details of your device and the battery needed. If you scroll down to the green box titled, “Device Models Supported”, you will see the Blackberry Z30 model number STA100-5, listed.

Canadian Batteries - Blackberry Z30  You may want to call their sales hotline at +1 888-730-8658 just to confirm battery part numbers and compatibility. I see a slight discrepancy between the OE battery part numbers and what Canadian Batteries has listed. It could be a misprint. Best to be certain.

Specs: 

Blackberry Z30 Canadian variant model number: STA100-5 (you can find this information in Settings > System > About Phone).

China Battery Processing Number: BAT-50136-003

Battery Internal Serial Number/Part number: BAT-50136-101

Battery Capacity: 2800/2880 mAh

View original

6 replies

Badge +4

Hi Rikkster. I just spoke with a rep from Canadian Batteries. Apparently there have been a slew of updates and it’s good that you recommended checking with them. The new part number for the battery is CS-BRZ300XL. He said the previous numbers 001, 002 and 003 indicated country of origin. Thanks again.

You’re welcome, Fred. I just checked the Canadian Batteries website again and it looks as though they’ve updated the “battery models supported” section of their webpage to include both OE battery part numbers, (BAT-50136-003 & BAT-50136-101). Glad to hear you’ll be able to extend the life of your BBz30!

Userlevel 6

Hi Rikkster. I just spoke with a rep from Canadian Batteries. Apparently there have been a slew of updates and it’s good that you recommended checking with them. The new part number for the battery is CS-BRZ300XL. He said the previous numbers 001, 002 and 003 indicated country of origin. Thanks again.

Userlevel 6

Thank you rikkster. I always appreciate how thorough your answers are on this forum. I will call the 1-888 number later today.  

Badge +4

Hi Fred. At that time, I would have had the Blackberry Z10 which was released several months earlier than the BB Z30. I moved to the BB Priv and now have the BB Key2 LE.

The labelling on the OE battery would suggest that only a Blackberry branded battery replacement should be installed. Of course, this was when replacement batteries for this model were plentiful.

I’m seeing the new “old” stock as well. Personally, I would opt for a battery from a seller that sells batteries exclusively. Amazon doesn’t go into a whole lot of detail when it comes to replacement phone batteries.

I’ve provided a link where you can cross-reference the details of your device and the battery needed. If you scroll down to the green box titled, “Device Models Supported”, you will see the Blackberry Z30 model number STA100-5, listed.

Canadian Batteries - Blackberry Z30  You may want to call their sales hotline at +1 888-730-8658 just to confirm battery part numbers and compatibility. I see a slight discrepancy between the OE battery part numbers and what Canadian Batteries has listed. It could be a misprint. Best to be certain.

Specs: 

Blackberry Z30 Canadian variant model number: STA100-5 (you can find this information in Settings > System > About Phone).

China Battery Processing Number: BAT-50136-003

Battery Internal Serial Number/Part number: BAT-50136-101

Battery Capacity: 2800/2880 mAh

Userlevel 6

Thanks Dennis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rikkster