Koodo Community

Community

Solved

BBM Misery

Hi.. I have the bbm curve and its giving me grief even after it went for services... what options do I have?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Please describe your grief. How old is your BlackBerry?
Thanks for the swift response.. I bought it in April last year. The phone keeps freezing. Upgrade was recommended which I did and I lost a few apps that now I cant find or download. I used the google maps as a very virtual app but that even stopped working. the phone has slowed down
Userlevel 7
First the not so great news. You're out of the one year warranty so sending it in again isn't an.option unless you want to pay for the repair (if BlackBerry even finds anything wrong with it). The little better news. you can try a factory reset but imo, you may be better off using the positive portion of your tab along with a trade in credit for your old BlackBerry to get a new phone. The curve you have is outdated. It's older technology and tbh BlackBerry made them cheap. You've had the phone a little a year. Upgrade time is upon you me thinks
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

First the not so great news. You're out of the one year warranty so sending it in again isn't an....

Basically your phone is just reaching its end life... It happens
Thanks guys, so how would the trade-in credit work? Would I have to pay for the difference in price or its deducted from the bill like when I got the bb?
Userlevel 1
shareentajdin wrote:

Thanks guys, so how would the trade-in credit work? Would I have to pay for the difference in pri...

It'l be deducted from the bill when purchasing new BB.
Userlevel 7
shareentajdin wrote:

Thanks guys, so how would the trade-in credit work? Would I have to pay for the difference in pri...

You may want to elaborate on that MatB!.
Userlevel 1
shareentajdin wrote:

That was the answer to Shareen when she asked if trade -in credit will be deducted from her bill when she intends to purchase new BB!
Great! I was looking at the phones from the koodo site, I was looking at the iphone 4, would I have to pay the $197.00 or as you mentioned that will be deducted from the bill... please verify that. anything else I need to know when getting my new phone?
Userlevel 7
After the trade in credit and positive tab balance is applied you'll have to pay the rest out of pocket.
Chad Burr wrote:

After the trade in credit and positive tab balance is applied you'll have to pay the rest out of ...

so which is which? Will the sales guys at the store have accurate info??
Userlevel 7
When you go to the store, they will asses your BlackBerry for trade in value At the same time they will figure out how much tab you have available Once you decide what phone you want they will apply your credits and you'll need to pay the rest
Userlevel 1
Before you decide to buy new BB, and If you still have a BlackBerry data plan, or BB social add-ons, turn Data on, check your apn bb.koodo.com, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, then press the BB Menu button and select Register Now. Next, go to Settings > Email Settings, log in if required, and then press the BB Menu button, select Service Books and resend your Service Books, or just re-regiter again your device with RIM, if still not working Koodo Tech can help to resolve your problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

Before you decide to buy new BB, and If you still have a BlackBerry data plan, or BB social add-o...

She said the phone keeps freezing. Your troubleshooting is only for the data connection. This will be of little to no help for the problems described by the o.p.
Ok thanks guys. I will visit the closest store and see if they can solve this ASAP. Chad, I had the service done on the phone before the warranty expired, its acting up again. Thanks again, I must say you guys are dong a great job!
Userlevel 7
shareentajdin wrote:

Ok thanks guys. I will visit the closest store and see if they can solve this ASAP. Chad, I had...

Btw when you go in ask to see the new BlackBerry 10 devices. The Z10 has a virtual keyboard and a nice large screen. The Q10 has a physical keyboard. I'm not a huge fan of iPhone but to each their own. Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shareentajdin wrote:

Ok thanks guys. I will visit the closest store and see if they can solve this ASAP. Chad, I had...

They are $500-$700 though.