Koodo Community

BB Z10 OS update

Userlevel 1
Blackberry is releasing new BB Z10 OS update to v10.1.0.2014, here is the link: http://ca.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry7-os.html

32 replies

Userlevel 1
John Taylor wrote:

My APN settings disappear and I'm not able to use the Internet except through wifi.

BB Z10 owners are reporting same issue on different forums, after they performed BB Z10 update.
Userlevel 1
John Taylor wrote:

My APN settings disappear and I'm not able to use the Internet except through wifi.

Agree imo, Koodo already did that on may 21st, to OS10.1.0.273
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BlackBerry OS 10 update notifications are pushed to the device or you can manually check by going to settings > software updates > check for new updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Leak smh
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Q10 or Z for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Go u! Z10 daily here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

I really love android but I've always been a BlackBerry fan. Z10 rekindled that love and hey it runs android too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

The os on the older bugberry was garbage and froze constantly
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

We had to have an app running that would do a cold restart each night. Wife had a pearl and curve, I had a storm, and the 2way pager.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Maybe it'll fix the apn settings that they broke with the last update.

The apn was supposed to me more configurable. It still lacks options. My Z10 is unlocked, thankfully most providers use sim provisions so there isn't much editing needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Hoffman wrote:

This update is very buggy! I have 2 Google app accounts on my phone (mail, calendar, contacts). D...

I updated yesterday and don't see any significant changes to performance. You may want to follow the above suggestion
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey John, What are the symptoms of this issue. I use the z10 as well (unlocked). With the latest update, and I've not experienced this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey John, What are the symptoms of this issue. I use the z10 as well (unlocked). With the late...

You mean the settings are blank?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey John, What are the symptoms of this issue. I use the z10 as well (unlocked). With the late...

This may be an issue with your sim card. Are you on a BlackBerry specific plan? You shouldn't be. Have you tried cycling airplane mode when this happens? Also try clicking restore defaults in the apn settings menu.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Taylor wrote:

What exactly happens? I know you say the apn disappears, does that mean when you go to look it's blank? Have you tried cycling airplane mode when this happens? I would still look into a new sim card as well since some of the provisioning happens there.
Userlevel 2
10.2 ftw
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Not really a legit leak. An intentionally crippled 10.2 developer release that can be made to function 'normally' with a little bit of 'mix and matching', if you know what I mean 😉 .....
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

I have both, Z is the daily driver though....
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Kinda shocked actually! Been on the BB keyboard since the 8700 and I was really excited for the Q initially. But, since the Z release was first, I picked one up and now I find it hard to get away from the larger screen lol
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

10.2 ftw

Wait till you see how well it handles 4.2.2 😛 PS i never had problems with the 'flagship' legacy devices really, they certainly weren't 'pretty' but they got the job done... (if the job in question is email and messaging lol)
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

apn settings are either locked or unlocked by the carrier, blackberry doesn't control that... (if you were referring to it as a BB related issue...)
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Ahhhh I see what you mean. So the original firmware had hard locked apn settings and then the first update erased them? Was the APN menu editable?
Userlevel 2
Jason Hoffman wrote:

This update is very buggy! I have 2 Google app accounts on my phone (mail, calendar, contacts). D...

Do a security wipe and restore from a backup, might help things.
Userlevel 2
John Taylor wrote:

You gotta fault Koodo for this imo. Blackberry doesn't automatically push updates themselves, they provide the firmware to Koodo for testing and it's up to the carrier to determine if and when an update get pushed.
Userlevel 2
John Taylor wrote:

Could be the sim. Could be restoring from a corrupt backup. What I would do is make a new backup via Link and then do a security wipe, then restore. If the problem is still evident I would grab a new sim and see if that's the culprit.