Koodo Community

Community

Solved

BB 9700 APN

I have an unlocked blackberry bold 9700 that I am attempting to use on the koodo network. I have 500mb of data and I have changed the APN to sp.koodo.com but I can not connect the phone to the network. It also does not allow the phone to connect to wifi and bluetooth. How do I get the mobile network up and running?

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Johnny... For those types of BB's there is a special provisioning on the Koodo system... I will suggest you to call Customer Service to get this issue resolved and double check if you have the proper BB plan, and you could also get some troubleshooting in case you need...
Userlevel 4
you will need a BB plan, as Camilo_A stated. If you have a BB plan, then the apn should be bb.koodo.com Go to Host Routing, and hit the Blackberry Button, then go to Register Now.
OK. Thank you guys. Seeing as I just signed onto this plan a week ago I think I will go to the retailer that sold it as koodo charges for customer service calls.
Johnny Marsili wrote:

OK. Thank you guys. Seeing as I just signed onto this plan a week ago I think I will go to the re...

Uh, no they don't.
Johnny Marsili wrote:

OK. Thank you guys. Seeing as I just signed onto this plan a week ago I think I will go to the re...

I thought they did... when I was looking at contacting them there were charges associated.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Johnny Marsili wrote:

Calls to Koodo Customer Service are FREE of cost... If there is any transaction to be done within the call and is possible to do it on Self Serve, then there is a fee that will apply for the changes...
Userlevel 4
Johnny Marsili wrote:

He won't be able to change his plan online, since it's been less than a month since it started. So if he did call 611 to change plan, they could charge 10 bucks for this, as per guidelines. Now, they likely won't if it was incorrectly setup in the first place.
Userlevel 7
Johnny Marsili wrote:

technically in this case yes, since the OP can make the plan change in Self Serve by himself, but since this is a special scenario I don't think they'll have an issue with it, or at least walk him through it.
Userlevel 4
Johnny Marsili wrote:

@Jonathan, when I originally signed up with a BB, Koodo Online store shipped me the phone and activated the generic plan. I tried to switch it online, but it said a plan change can only occur once in a billing cycle. Since the activation was considered a 'plan change'. I called up 611, who put me on the correct plan at no charge, since it was their oversight. On my next monthly bill, I saw a 10 dollar charge followed by 10 dollar credit for the transaction.
Userlevel 7
Johnny Marsili wrote:

Yup, sounds about right.
What phone did you previously use with Koodo before switching to the Blackberry?
I have never had a phone with koodo before. This is an unlocked phone I had set up with them after getting off a different network. I just called them and they had switched the plan for me. I only had a generic plan and not a bb one; and self serve would not allow me to do it due to the "billing cycle" as stated above. I hope there are not charges induced as the tech support rep did not inform me of any.
Johnny Marsili wrote:

I have never had a phone with koodo before. This is an unlocked phone I had set up with them afte...

You'll probably see proration from the rate plan changes. Is your data working now?
Johnny Marsili wrote:

I have never had a phone with koodo before. This is an unlocked phone I had set up with them afte...

Data is working now. Plan was the exact same price.