Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Are any Blackberry or Windows phones coming?

I'm interested in one of those two types of phones (I know, I'm weird), and would love to get one with Koodo.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo normally comments here on on their Facebook page but we haven't heard anything from them. I don't think you'll see another bb anytime soon but koodo flirts with windows constantly.
Userlevel 1
The chances of a blackberry phone is unlikely due to lack of sales, carriers don't wanna have unsold stock and blackberry hasn't sold as well as it use too. Windows on the other hand, it has been stated in the news that windows has been putting it focus on other projects such as the holo lens so I guess time will tell
How quickly did Koodo sell out of Q5's when they stocked them? My local stall was utterly sold out in a week.

I'm not sure the 'sales' argument stands. At a decent price point with sensible procurement Blackberry Classics and maybe the Z series would go like hotcakes.

Windows phone, who cares?
Userlevel 7
Chris P wrote:

How quickly did Koodo sell out of Q5's when they stocked them? My local stall was utterly sold ou...

Me
Chris P wrote:

How quickly did Koodo sell out of Q5's when they stocked them? My local stall was utterly sold ou...

Well good luck with that, from a sales / user point of view Windows Mobile is a disaster.
Userlevel 1
Chris P wrote:

Only reason it was a disaster is because the developers never backed It no matter what windows did. but then again you need market share To garner developers attention to develop for it.
Chris P wrote:

Because it's rubbish.
Userlevel 7
Chris P wrote:

Ones man's rubbish blah blah blah, it's a platform competing with other platforms. I think it's an interesting way to work, you feel it's garbage. I've turned two people on to trying it and they love it. I own a Blu Win HD. Do I love it, yes and no. I'll be interested to see what ms does with it in the future.