Koodo Community
Question

Anyone know if BBM is coming to Windows phones?

• 30 October 2013
  • 8 replies

Just curious and not sure if anyone knows this but...is it known or anyone know if BBM is coming to Windows 8 phones?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
No word as of yet. Best bet is online resources or Microsofts website.
Userlevel 2
http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/22/bbm-rumoured-to-come-to-windows-phone-8-tablet-desktop-and-web/
Userlevel 7
I would love to see it on Windows Phone. I got an ATIV S to use alongside my G2 and the only thing holding me back from switching completely over is the app/game selection and customization/toggle capability. I love everything else about the OS. I need to have both ecosystems because I'm never happy with one OS for very long but Android's probably still my favorite.
I would love to see it on Windows Phone. I got an ATIV S to use alongside my G2 and the only thin...HI Jonathon, Do you currently still use your Ativ S on Koodo? If so Can I have screenshot of your settings. Can get mine to work at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd say that it's a good bet that it will, but nobody can confirm that for sure at this point. BlackBerry seems to want to follow the MSFT path of "services first" and will probably expand their messaging platform to every even remotely relevant OS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With Windows only holding 3 - 4% market share I'm sure they're in no rush to bring the app to windows phones until they know that the Android & IOS apps are working perfectly & then will move on to releasing the windows app probably when they have it working perfectly to avoid another botched release like the Android one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With Windows only holding 3 - 4% market share I'm sure they're in no rush to bring the app to win...If BBM proves to be popular again in the long run (after this wave of BB nostalgia wears off), MSFT will help bring it to WP8, like they have done with most of the "must-have" apps.
I found a thread on actual blackberry's website and they said that it is coming, probably by the end of the year. They provided a link of bbm.com to keep checking.