Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5 charge for Roaming text sent when I had 30TNT on my account - need explanation

on my Feb 14 2016 bill I have a $5 charge for Roaming Text Msg Sent. Since I paid for the 30TNT on my bill I don't feel I should be charged anything for text. I need you to explain why there is a charge.Carolyn

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Carolyn,

Did you add the add-on to your account while in the US? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Carolyn,  the $5 charge looks like was incurred for roaming texts well before the add-on was put on.  
Yes I did put the add-on on my account while in US.  I was in the US for 2 months and put it on the day I entered the US and again the day my first 30 day period was up.  I did not receive or send any text messages before I put the 2nd 30TNT on.  Is there a way to see what dates these "supposed" texts that I am being charged for were sent
Userlevel 7
Carolyn wrote:

Yes I did put the add-on on my account while in US.  I was in the US for 2 months and put it...

Well Carolyn, if it says you send them it's because you sent them. Perhaps you sent out the 30TNT text, then texted other people before it had a chance to activate the add-on on your account. The information can all be seen in your e-bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carolyn wrote:

Yes I did put the add-on on my account while in US.  I was in the US for 2 months and put it...

Carolyn, I will have someone take a closer look at your account. Don't you worry, we will definitely right if there is something indeed wrong. We let you know here. Please enjoy the rest of your stay!
Carolyn wrote:

The reason why I am sending this is because I have looked at my ebill and there is no detail showing the $5 charge.  While I am not saying for sure that Koodo is wrong in their billing I certainly don't feel I should pay things without backup - companies have been known to make mistakes in their billing.  Are you aware of how I can escalate this - is there a phone # to call or a chat site that I can use and be more specific about my account with.  Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carolyn wrote:

I totally understand how you feel Carolyn! You can certainly look at the details of your texting history. Once you are logged in online click on your 'usage'. You will see circles showing the various usage for data, minutes and messaging. click on the circles and you should be able to see the details on a daily basis.

I'm pretty high on the "food chain" so your are already in good hands. 🙂 My team is looking at details of your account to determine if there is indeed an error or not. I can certainly you a call if you wish and give more details if that helps.  
Carolyn wrote:

Hi Bernard

Thanks for addressing this.  I am still curious as to what/if there was something I did to cause the $5 charge initially.  I am in the US often and will be adding the 30TNT for a # of months a year so want to make sure I am not doing something incorrectly.  Let me know if you have any insight.

Carolyn
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carolyn wrote:

I had someone take a closer look and as soon as I have an answer we'll let you know. In the meantime we credited the five dollars back to your account. So far what we can see is that the "charges" stem from texts on the 5th of February. This is the day when you added the feature the second time. Something doesn't add up and we are taking a closer look. What I would would suggest, that, if indeed you are spending a few months at the time down south, it may make sense to put the add-on that is recurring automatically. You put it on when you leave and take it off when you are back. That way you wouldn't have to remember the dates etc.