Koodo Community
Solved

Wireless home phone international rates

• 5 September 2021
  • 4 replies

• New User
  • 8 replies

I found one thread here about international rates with the wireless home phone.  It says the rates are the same as a regular cell (and option to get lower cost with the $3 add on too) I guess that makes sense.

I want to ask does air time or any time minutes apply to wireless home phone? The device, SIM , $5 intro (later $20) costs are of course constant but let’s say I call Germany listed as 5c a minute. No matter how many minutes it is 5centsxminutes, not per minute or other charge after a set number of minutes?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dinh 5 September 2021, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is no extra charge on top of the 5c/min in your case. Because the homephone plan included “unlimited” canada-wide minutes, you would only be charged $0.05/min (with the LD saver add-on) for calls to Germany when you are residing in Canada - no matter how minutes you call.

I wonder if in the process of porting my landline to wireless home phone what happens to my existing dsl connection. Bell will obviously cut my phone service when I cancel and port but I will lose my dsl connection when they do...I guess that’s out of the scope koodo community help, thanks for the quick reply Dinh.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wonder if in the process of porting my landline to wireless home phone what happens to my existing dsl connection. Bell will obviously cut my phone service when I cancel and port but I will lose my dsl connection when they do...I guess that’s out of the scope koodo community help, thanks for the quick reply Dinh.

You can follow this guide to port your number from Bell to Koodo https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Regarding the DSL internet, I believe bell is using different system on it so that should continue to work if you port the number from Bell to Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should not lose your Internet connection by porting out your home phone to another carrier. Both of them are separate services offered by Bell. You would still be using Bell for your Internet service, unless you decide to switch to another service.

With regards to porting your number, it will take a longer time for landline numbers, possibly at least 2 business days. I would suggest you to be patient and wait until it is successfully transferred to Koodo.