Koodo Community
Question

Why is my bill higher?

• 15 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Hi,

I just joined Koodo with two friends two weeks ago. All of us took the same deal in a store which was the 8 GB plan for $30. Now we received our first bills, they both have to pay $48 and I have to pay $62. 

The only difference is, that I changed my phone number the day after we registered with Koodo. We are also all friend-referals why we get additional $9 off of our monthly payment. Today I had a callback and the women from Koodo said that I will have to pay $37 next months. But my friends will only have to pay about $24. She said that both the friend referral as well as the $25 off deal is accounted in that bill. But it is not - how else am I paying about $14 more than my friends on the same plan/deal?

Thank you!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

I just joined Koodo with two friends two weeks ago. All of us took the same deal in a store which was the 8 GB plan for $30. Now we received our first bills, they both have to pay $48 and I have to pay $62. 

The only difference is, that I changed my phone number the day after we registered with Koodo. We are also all friend-referals why we get additional $9 off of our monthly payment. Today I had a callback and the women from Koodo said that I will have to pay $37 next months. But my friends will only have to pay about $24. She said that both the friend referral as well as the $25 off deal is accounted in that bill. But it is not - how else am I paying about $14 more than my friends on the same plan/deal?

Thank you!

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill? Did you add a Tab to your account?

Hi,

no I did not add a tab, I just got the 8GB for $30 offer - like my friends.

Here is a screenshot of my bill: 

And the new number:

The first image is from the number I got when I initially signed up with Koodo. But I changed the number at the same day and the second image displays the bill for that number... for my friends it looks like this: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

no I did not add a tab, I just got the 8GB for $30 offer - like my friends.

Here is a screenshot of my bill: 

And the new number:

The first image is from the number I got when I initially signed up with Koodo. But I changed the number at the same day and the second image displays the bill for that number... for my friends it looks like this: 

Since you changed your number, the credits may have fell over once your temporary number was replaced. Did you see the credits disappear after the next bill?

Yeah, I was wondering the same but I asked an employee at a store today and he said that the credits should be linked to my account and not my number. But the discounts/credits are not deducted from the $55 so I technically paid about $15 too much, right? The women at the Koodo call back also said that next month I’ll have to pay $37 while my friends only have to pay $23.

But neither the employee at the Koodo call back nor the employee at the Koodo store could help me other than saying that everything is fine and the next bill will be lower. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Form looking at the 2 bills it looks like the refer a friend credit is not on yours. Koodo is very picky on how the refer a friend credit is applied for including the sequence. Did you complete the refer a friend exactly as instructed? 

The referral appears in the first part of my bill for the number assigned to me. And the Koodo employee did all the referral stuff as we I went with my friends to the store at the same time. And for them its working as well, it just doesnt appear on the bill for the number I changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The referral appears in the first part of my bill for the number assigned to me. And the Koodo employee did all the referral stuff as we I went with my friends to the store at the same time. And for them its working as well, it just doesnt appear on the bill for the number I changed.

Let me flag a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MarMar13 

Based on the screenshot you provided, your friends get exactly the same deal with the same discounts as you, the only difference is that (from the screenshot your provided), they get 2 referral credits on top (listed on the bill as “Refer a friend credit”). Your bill doesn’t include referral credits.

You can find more about the referral process and conditions here: https://buyapowa-embedded-koodo.herokuapp.com/common/terms

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MarMar13 how did you get the referral from your friend? Was it sent to you by someone you know? 

Hi @Flo Koodo and @Dennis my friends and I were all together in the Koodo store and the employee did all the referrals for us. We all did not touch anything. I also got emails from Koodo about the refer a friend program which said that everything went through and they just “have to dot some I’s and cross some T’s”.

Might it be that this takes a bit longer and will show up only on the second bill? The Koodo employee did my number frist and did everything as he did for my friends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is a possibility. The email does sound promising,  Did you change your number after signing up ?

@Dennis yes, I changed my number in the Self Serve directly at the day I registered with Koodo.